• 16th October - Silverstone, Northamptonshire

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOTE: PLEASE VOTE FOR UP TO 3 CHOICES, YOU MUST CHOOSE ALL OPTIONS AT ONCE AS EACH USER CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE.

For the first time since 1998, all be it an independant entry, Audi will be represented in the British Touring Car Championship for 2011.

More details

The BTCC came a long way in recovering it's interest levels and support in 2010. This year with the introduction of NGTC regulations it promises to be even more exciting.

If there is sufficent interest I'll arrange an A5OC meet which can take form of just meeting up for the day and watching some fantastic racing or potentially making a full weekend of it, perhaps a planned cruise during Saturday afternoon and/or an overnight stay for those that didn't want a ridiculously early morning start and travel on a Sunday.

Kicking it off I'm up for any date but voting for Brands on the 3rd April. Firstly, it's the first race day of the year and usually one of the most exciting ones. Secondly, it early enough in the year that we may just get more than one A5OC meeting for the whole year! Thirdly I'm a lazy git and it's local :p

UPDATE: First time I've set up a poll and didn't realise you could allow for more than one vote per user so please vote for top 3 dates/tracks you''d be interested in. I've gone for the first 3 as already stated keen to get a meet going earlier in the year.

Please vote for your preferred date/track.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I'm sad I can't make it... :(

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah come on Zee ... flight ... rental of S5 in UK for a weekend ... accomodation .. not costly enough to say no too is it? LOL

Seriously though, perhaps if this works out we'll get regualar UK meets going and I'm sure one will eventually fall on a date your over here ;)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Doh you've only voted for Donny thou, nice to know your in thou :D

I've updated the first post to highlight the ability to vote for more than one.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Nice one Spinner, thanks for pulling this together. I've voted for all my 'local' tracks - Brands, Donny and Thruxton ('cos I've driven it 3 times -yes, in someone else's cars - I'm only a pussy with my own.... - and because it's the fastest, the crashes are better.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
bit to far for me im afraid lol

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah ya wuss! Make a weekend of it, bring the missus, let her take the car and head off shopping Sunday morning (or drop her off) then you'll earn some brownie points at the same time ;)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Donnington works for me and a nice birthday present for me to boot...

Cheers

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Ah ya wuss! Make a weekend of it, bring the missus, let her take the car and head off shopping Sunday morning (or drop her off) then you'll earn some brownie points at the same time ;)
oh good plan mate lol
not sure the little one would be happy with the journey at them mo :thumbsdown: will definatly try and make a meet at some point tho

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm forgot about ya little one, aint that what mother-in-laws are for? Still a wuss! LOL

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Donnington works for me and a nice birthday present for me to boot...

Cheers
You buy yourself presents then hey Mulski or will you bring the wife this time? If so drop hints the resident official A5 UK meets photographer always needs the latest equipment ;)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump...

So far definately looks like Donni will be the one, but we've got plenty of time. Shall I leave the voting open till the end of Feb or do we just start getting the ball rolling?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hmmm forgot about ya little one, aint that what mother-in-laws are for? Still a wuss! LOL
wuss? wuss? how did you know.....or was it the A5 TDI that gave it away :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts