Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A5 has decided that it needs its first service already at 9500 miles, booked in for next friday. It dawned on me that my A4 didn't need its first variable service until approx. 18000 miles. I asume that audi are still running the A5 on the longlife variable servicing? I can only assume its a quick once over with the oil and filter. Anyone already had a service and at what mileage? I can't be booting mine to the point that the service interval has reduced so much.....:confused:

· Registered
157 Posts
mine has 11,000 and suggests it will need a service in about another 7,000 miles so i can only guess that yours in not set up for the longer service intervals; i have a feeling that there is a choice; the handbook says that if the first (PDI) service is not done so as to allow for "longlife" service then the default is 15,000 km, which is about 9,300 miles, so that must be what happened with yours- provided they refill with longlife oil and correctly reset it, you should get much better life between services

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Mine is saying 16500 miles time and I have 2500 on the clock.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
Swadman,

It's all laid down in the front of the service booklet that should be with your owners manual. It's something I raised in the thread about oil when the discussion turned to service intervals. I too was surprised that the MMI in my car said it needed an oil service at approx 10k miles, but this is what is detailed in the service schedule, even with the Audi LongLife schedule. The full inspection service should be due around every 19k miles or so. If you put the wrong type of oil in then you can't have the LongLife schedule and have to revert to the mileage or time based service, which works out at one service every 9k miles (15k km) or 12 months, so LongLife schedule is definitely the way to go.

My old S4 didn't need the extra oil change service at 10k miles - not sure why Audi have changed this as I never had a problem, and in 55k miles only had 3 services (and therefore 3 full oil changes) done on the S4 in 4+1/2 years. Sadly the last service was only the week before I sold it too, but it was due and made the sale easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.