Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had their first service done on their 3.0TDI? ... How much did It cost you?

My car's due in for it's first service in 100miles.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
£280 seems a bit steep for a first service!! :eek:
I'd recommend buying your own oil and telling them to put that in it, that's what I used to do when I had my Evo, used to save myself a small fortune as the markup they put on oil is crazy!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That was 280 euros, not pounds.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Still, the first service in Romania will cost you more apparently. ;)

I'd recommend buying your own oil and telling them to put that in it, that's what I used to do when I had my Evo, used to save myself a small fortune as the markup they put on oil is crazy!
True, what "longlife" actually means is that they've doubled the profits. But the dealer is asking the normal (market) price for it. This specific oil is costly, makes no difference where you buy it. Due to the longlife cycle, and even the diesel particle filter needs extra attention, all of these requirements makes the oil expensive (or that's what we have to believe ;)), €20/liter.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone in the UK got a price for their first service? I've just been quoted £310 from Glasgow Audi.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
does it have to be audi i thought new regs meant you can take your car to an approved firm who can service it for you?! :confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did anyone get the free servicing package? Even with this, not sure whether it is totally free, as I have no information on it..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine had the Audi service thrown into the deal. All services no charge for standard items up to 50,000 miles. My first service in Chicago gave me a new Q7 to drive all day while they worked on the A5. Guess thats a better deal than I thought it was compared to the other side of the ocean.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My service came to £400 in Berkshire ! I did not have time to shop around, I think the oil was about £127 alone.

I was on the long life service and the got got to 19K before wanting to be serviced. Since the car is still only 11 months old (3.0 TDI) I have to take it back in 11 months for a brake service.

Actually, I need to get in touch with garage because the service indicator is now saying an oil change in 9000 miles ! (its only done 400 miles since the last service ?/???!)

MArk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here's the breakdown of my service costs - all UK sterling excl VAT (local tax @ 17.5% for those of you not in UK):
1st AVS 141.64
Oil - Mobil Formula ESP 5W 130.00 :eek:
Miscellaneous 29.64

Total incl VAT £354.19

Serviced at Audi Leeds. mileage was about 1000 miles short of recommended service interval - 18,582 miles.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
so the trick is get the oil changed before service perhaps?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Had my first service yesterday at Aberdeen Audi - completely FOC as a goodwill gesture because my car had a faulty AMI when it was new. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
mine worked out like this:

service labour 127.93
oil filter 7.99
pollen filter 13.57
washer 0.33
oil 82.80
-------------------
£232.62
plus vat on all of that: £40.71
£273.33

But included wash, good new courtesy car (new A4) for a day

I had a price of £230 from Ed at APS in Northampton which is an experienced independent that i would be happy to use, but by the time i factored in the convenience of the loan car and distance, the price from Audi locally is not too bad.

Also the applied some software fixes, including slightly incredibly a fix for a judder on the clutch- the clutch control unit, which even more remarkably seems to have made a big improvement. No doubt this would not be available from most independents.

If you are getting your own oil you need to make sure it is long life Audi approved as otherwise you have to go to 9,000 mile services or risk the warranty being invalidated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting, I too am getting clutch judder and a rubbery squeek from the box on changing gear.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Had my first service yesterday at Aberdeen Audi - completely FOC as a goodwill gesture because my car had a faulty AMI when it was new. :)
ill remember this, i have a problem where the drivers carpeting to the floor has given away, going in to get repaired soon....... FOC 1st service sounds ace :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts