1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Looks like it has loads of body roll, im so getting the new RS4 if it looks even better than that, my imminent remortgage could shatter that dream though.

Sometimes i'm unsure of what I prefer... the growl of a V8, or the whining of a supercharger ... I love them both.
I dont think i've heard what a V6 with a supercharger sounds like, but the RS4 with that MTM supercharger is amazing, screaming whining V8 coming towards you through the wood at the end of the video is just awesome.

Edit: I really dont like these new Audi Sline 5 spoke wheels, they put them on the a5 aswell, my A4 ones are so much nicer, they need to make some bigger V wheels i really like them, just wish they were 19inch and wider. Eitherway this car looks sweet, those pictures are sooo tiny on my 24inch monitor though.

·
Registered
714 Posts
That pic doesn't do it for me at all. First thoughts were of a 5 series. It looks bloated/overweight. Still, I know it's only 1 pic so I shouldn't judge.

On the engine front, I read an article over the weekend which seemed very confident that the RS5 would also be a forced induction V6. Can't recall where I read this ... probably a link from Fourtitude ... and of course it's all speculation although there were strong suggestions of mules being spotted in both Germany and the US ("altitude testing" was the phrase that came to mind if anyone read the same article).

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Tuf, click where it says 'more pics' ;)

Edit...saved you the trouble ;0)

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
SC

I'm gonna go against the grain here and note that I really don't like the harsh, whiny sound of a supercharger. I respect it, and I'm excited for a new forced induction S-car, I just don't love the sound. Turbos, on the other hand... excellent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow, I hate to say it, but I really don't like the look of the new A4 -- at least by these pictures. I'll hold my opinion until I see it in person, but it lacks exactly what the A5/S5 has: clean, smooth lines and a design that just flows. The A4 looks clunky and the rear doesn't look aggressive in the slightest. Maybe it's just the pictures.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I hope we will see a little bid of difference in the frontbumper on the production car.
This one have the S-Line bumper.

Jarod.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Tuf, click where it says 'more pics' ;)

Edit...saved you the trouble ;0)
Ewww... more ugly pics. The more I look at these the more they look like the car's been Bangled. How can this be the S5's sister? It's a minger. Still, following the analogy, I'll bet it goes like the clappers ;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd say so SAJ :mad:

Anyone speak German ? What engine does it have ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes they are LEDs.

As for the engine, nothing's officially confirmed as of yet but most informed speculation still suggests 3.0 V6 FSI with valve lift and Roots type IV supercharger from Eaton, developing between 333 and 350hp.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Its Dutch.

The Audi S4 is ready for the market. We have a first look at a copy model, only the S4 logo on the grille is still off. At the end of this year the fast A4 with a 3.0 TFSI will tackle cars such as the BMW 335i.

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does not do it for me I'm afraid. A5/S5 anyday for style:cool:.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.