Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everyone is saying that this car looks a lot better in person. Well now I can truely say the same thing. It's a lot better in person than what the pictures show! Most noticably is how the interior (drivers side) fits you like a glove with the controls ergonomically surrounding you where the placement of each control was precisely positioned for maximum efficiency and use. The panoramic sunroof brings in lots of light, making the interior seem very roomy. Overall I was more impressed with the interior than I was the exterior.

I also like the tinting on the windows. I do hope the level of tinting I saw comes standard on the A5 as well. I did not see controls for the Audi Select feature, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for that feature anytime soon. If it were ready for prime time then it would have been released already, otherwise I wouldn't wait around wondering "what if" or "when" [my $.02].

Ok what I didn't like countered with what I did like. The back seat was pretty much useless taken up by the enormous size of the trunk which I did like. Since it is a coupe, then this should be expected. The front grille of the S5 was nice, but I personally like the A5 front grille based on pictures. In otherwords, the S5 front grille just didn't float my boat. Everytime I or someone would touch the car, there was a guy right behind you with a can of polish and a rag wiping away. So I was pretty much blinded by the lights reflecting off the bright red color. Probably why I did care too much for the red color and I do agree that a light color simply does not show off the car's lines as well as a darker color would. Lastly, even though I loved the interior, I didn't care for the pearl silver color of the seats or the blackish wood inlay and the sports seats in general. However, this is just personal preference.

Overall this is a GREAT car and now I can not wait for the A5 that I've ordered to come in. Enjoy the pics.

Arv.

Gear shift Center console Vehicle Car Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Center console
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Audi
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Audi

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Red
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Audi
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Grille

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the Pics the sunroof looks like a tilt only, could you see the controls or tell if would slide open or tilt only?

Yeah it was tilt only. Based on the roof line if the sunroof were to go back, it would probably have hit the antenna. It's so big, there isn't a lot of space between the back edge and behind it for the sunroof to slide back much.

Edit: Here is a better angle where you see the back edge of the sunroof ending where the legs are in the back seat.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=161&d=1191004378

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for those pics! Hopefully that clears up some questions that have been floating around for awhile.

Tilt Only!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ab, I assume this S5 has the advance key? Correct?

What if you don't order the tech package, where does the start button go? Would you still have one? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
275 Posts

What if you don't order the tech package, where does the start button go? Would you still have one? Thanks in advance.

The S5 in picture does have the advance key - hence the start/stop button. Without advance key, no button. the key goes in a slot (not a key hole), and you push on the whole key ( if you don't know about this, seems funny to explain, lookup key info on fourtitude).

·
Registered
186 Posts
The S5 in picture does have the advance key - hence the start/stop button. Without advance key, no button. the key goes in a slot (not a key hole), and you push on the whole key ( if you don't know about this, seems funny to explain, lookup key info on fourtitude).
Nah, the difference should be that when you don't have the advanced key, you need to put the key into the slot and then push the start button. there's always a start button to push. Atleast that's how it's like here in Sweden on the A5/S5's.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nah, the difference should be that when you don't have the advanced key, you need to put the key into the slot and then push the start button. there's always a start button to push. Atleast that's how it's like here in Sweden on the A5/S5's.
Might be that way depending on markets..... But I have seen them without the start/stop button, so i'm doubtful about the info......Expect it to be without the button if no advance key..... there's no such thing as free lunch....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hi.

Yes it did have the advanced key and a guy demo'd it. If you don't order the tech package, then you are required to put the key into the key slot.

I do not know if the button will be there or not.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Might be that way depending on markets..... But I have seen them without the start/stop button, so i'm doubtful about the info......Expect it to be without the button if no advance key..... there's no such thing as free lunch....
I might've been mistaken... it could be that you insert the key and then push the key. I've testdriven 3 cars and I only remember the last two... which were S5:s with full specs.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wood really does not fit that interior at all...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts