Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
It will be a long night but worth it. Came out of the restaurant tonight my baby straight in front of me, god she is beautiful, some people looking at her. I do not think any car as ever given me as much satisfaction as my A5:D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Now we know that your full name is Pete S. Car! ;)

Sweet - my twin has arrived! Can't wait to hear your initial impressions, Pete. Let me know if you want Brian's contact info for any detailing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, picked it up and was out enjoying it.

wow

I love it. Since it has been raining the past couple of days I got to test out the quattro :) Also the rain sensor for the wipers worked very efficiently and I did not have any problems with it coming on late, or too early, despite other posts on this forum.

I love how everyone has to take a look when I'm driving around, and the occasional thumbs up :) Was well worth the wait, anyone still waiting... KEEP WAITING, do not get another car if you don't have to!! I will put some more pics up shortly.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Very nice Pete, enjoy and get up some pics.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Grats, Pete! I'm so happy that you decided to follow my advice and switch your order to be like mine... that's how it went down, right? ;)

Was in Gainesville for a week and enjoyed the gawking even more in a college town. Definitely tested out that quattro as well, driving back last night. I was going between 80 and 90 in pouring rain (fortunately late at night with very little traffic) and felt absolutely glued to the road. I've never felt so at ease driving a car in weather like that. And, yes, windshield wipers work perfectly in auto mode.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya that's how it went down LOL!
I really am happy with sticking to black, I love it.

Couple days ago had some really heavy rain and I was on I-75 and it was NOTHIN! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yep - I think we were on I-75 at the same time...I was just well north of you.

I agree...it's a dusty mofo right now but this car looks so right in black!

Funny, my neighbor went out and bought a black BMW 6 series a few days after I got my A5 (he had a white Mercedes).

Just ordered (delivery today, I think, but I'll be in Gainesville all weekend again) $200 in car wash stuff from autogeek.com (they are in West Palm, I think) and a Metro Vac n' Blo from Amazon. Just need my couple of buckets from Home Depot and I'll be good to go whenever I actually have time to myself!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya everything but that side assist, coulda came in handy now that I think of it when I'm driving, even with those big mirrors.

Would you say it's a good feature house?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yeah, I love it. It doesn't only operate when you have your blinker on (and as we've established, that isn't much because of the darn DRL thing!) but rather goes into sensor/indicator mode whenever you are going a certain speed. It is dimmer to brighter (to fast blinking) depending on where the car is. The band of yellow lights on the inner part of each side mirror are discrete but strong enough/placed well enough to be very useful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
houseofg, can you please post a pic of the mirrors showing the side assist signal light? The only one I've seen was on a Q7. Just wondering what mine will actually look like.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.