Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so after exactly 3 months of waiting i finally took delivery of my S5! i only have 2 words to describe it.... Flippin Awesome!!!!! it was pouring rain today so didnt really get to really drive it and had to go straight to work right after i picked it up. i was able to pair my BB storm perfectly and played around with the buttons a little bit. hopefully ill get a chance to drive it more on the weekend when its not raining or snowing. i did realize one thing thoug, i really dont wanna mod this car right ow. its so beautiful the way it is and the exhaust sounds great!! ill prob upgrade in the summer. i do have one question though. the dealer put this ugly dealer decal on top of the left tail light. what would be the best way to remove it? thanx for helping to make the wait fly by!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats! Glad to hear the car has met your expectations! :)

So let me get this straight. The dealer placed a sticker on the tail light? :confused: Or did you mean to say that it was placed on the trunk lid above the tail light? Either way, I'd take the car back to them to have them remove it since you did not request that.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! Glad to hear the car has met your expectations! :)

So let me get this straight. The dealer placed a sticker on the tail light? :confused: Or did you mean to say that it was placed on the trunk lid above the tail light? Either way, I'd take the car back to them to have them remove it since you did not request that.
im sorry i meant on the trunk lid above the tail light. ill try to post a pic tomorrow. any way i can remove it with a hair dryer or something like that lol

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Removing sticker

any way i can remove it with a hair dryer or something like that lol
If it's one of those rigid decals, then yeah the hair dryer and dental floss technique should work. Otherwise, if it's just a flimsy sticker, I don't really have any advice to give you. I'm sure someone on here will, though. :) You'll probably just need to slowly peel it off and hope that not much (if any) adhesive is left behind.

I know ranger22 mentioned in another thread that 3M makes a product used by detailers and collision repair centers to remove residual adhesive without harming the paint. But, I don't know if the actual product name was ever posted.

·
Registered
432 Posts
When I suggested this product in a previous thread, I was going from information learned on another forum for other vehicles. On the other forum, several members mentioned a wheel that could be used. I have not located exactly what this product is, but I did find that a wheel that is made by 3m, so I think this is it.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/3M-decal-remover.htm

Sounds kinda scary to me, but the folks on dieselplace swear by it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the car BK! Hope you get to do some driving this weekend!

Post some pics when the weather clears and you get the Phantom Black clean...:D We don't get snow here (except for a freak couple of flurries a few nights ago) and it hasn't rained in a long time, so I haven't had too much trouble keeping the Phantom clean. I am sure next year will be different...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
432 Posts
GooGone works great for adhesives, but I would be concerned about the clearcoat. I have no idea if it would damage it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Go back to the dealer and tell them to take it the eff off of the car. They should have some good stuff to get it off without damaging the paint. And if they do, well then you can tell them to fix it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I finally got mine yesterday too BK!! I thought the same thing in regards to not modding right away. THat sucks they put a dealer thing on yours...they did not dare do that on mine :) Good luck with that!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx for your help guys and congrats to the guys that also just got their S5s! i was able to actually peel it off with my nail and had the car wash guy clean it and it looks perfect now. i took pics on my BB storm but they dont want to upload:mad: the one thing i am not happy about is the dam moisture in th headlight!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats on the new buggy. My wife and I are both from Brooklyn, but live in the DC suburbs these days. Up in NY for the weekend. Would have driven up in the new A5, but supposedly it's still a few days from being ready for delivery. Will make for a nice holiday present. Anticipation....

·
Registered
198 Posts
the one thing i am not happy about is the dam moisture in th headlight!
I noticed that as well when I got my S5. Hopefully it doesn't happen often . . .

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I noticed that as well when I got my S5. Hopefully it doesn't happen often . . .
if it doesnt go away by monday i guess ill have to let the dealership take a look at it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here is a before pic of the dealer sticker. i took an after picture but it didnt come out good.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats BK. I know you're looking to let 'er rip on the dry pavement, but this car is amazing in the rain also. It sticks like glue to the roads wet or dry. I can't believe the dealer would put that cheesy sticker on a luxury car like that. Did they at least do a good job detailing the car?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats BK. I know you're looking to let 'er rip on the dry pavement, but this car is amazing in the rain also. It sticks like glue to the roads wet or dry. I can't believe the dealer would put that cheesy sticker on a luxury car like that. Did they at least do a good job detailing the car?
the car handled amazingly well in the rain yesterday. the sticker is actually from the leasing company that i got the car from and they put it on all the cars. it took me less than 2 minutes to peel it off with my nail and i didnt have time to get it detailed but the car wash place did a really good job.

·
Registered
953 Posts
so after exactly 3 months of waiting i finally took delivery of my S5! i only have 2 words to describe it.... Flippin Awesome!!!!! it was pouring rain today so didnt really get to really drive it and had to go straight to work right after i picked it up. i was able to pair my BB storm perfectly and played around with the buttons a little bit. hopefully ill get a chance to drive it more on the weekend when its not raining or snowing. i did realize one thing thoug, i really dont wanna mod this car right ow. its so beautiful the way it is and the exhaust sounds great!! ill prob upgrade in the summer. i do have one question though. the dealer put this ugly dealer decal on top of the left tail light. what would be the best way to remove it? thanx for helping to make the wait fly by!

Congrats mate :)

Having had the same issue with previous new cars, I made sure to explicitly state that I did not want any dealer stickers marring my new car at all. I'm glad I did as it was apparently usual practice to put them on.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would have literally flipped out on them If I saw that sticker on my car. Are they serious with that thing? I would of had them take it off hands down, just for the principle of the matter . . . .

·
Registered
457 Posts
Congrats. That is the great thing about Quattro, it can be raining and you will still have a blast in your car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts