Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a couple of months deliberating (due to the 2.0 TFSI coming on board), I’ve finally placed my order (to the Fleet Manager) for my A5, the spec is as follows:

AUDI A5 2.0 TFSI QUATTRO SPORT COUPE

Phantom Black, Black Leather, Comfort Pack, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Package, Hill-hold and Tyre Pressure Monitor

I decided to stick with the 18” Vs and I don’t particularly like xenons/DRLs. :eek:

Haven’t got a delivery date yet, but the Dealer says it’ll most likely be late December/early January. :(

Cheers
Addy

PS, I guess this make me one of Clarkson’s ‘cocks’ that are migrating from BMW……..:p

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats Addy, lucky man, wish I could have got the quattro. Its my company car too so not overly bothered, Im seriously tempted to place an order for GT-R now.

You dont like Xenon and DRLS!! wow you must be one of very few.

Hope they dont screw you over on the delivery.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats Addy - Join the queue :(

Not wishing to build your hopes up too much and I know it's a different spec but I ordered mine 11th June - originally told Oct/Nov and build week has moved from week 48 to week 31, then 36 and today week 34, so join the "fingers crossed" gang envious of those already driving theirs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, after a couple of months deliberating (due to the 2.0 TFSI coming on board), I’ve finally placed my order (to the Fleet Manager) for my A5, the spec is as follows:

AUDI A5 2.0 TFSI QUATTRO SPORT COUPE

Phantom Black, Black Leather, Comfort Pack, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Package, Hill-hold and Tyre Pressure Monitor

I decided to stick with the 18” Vs and I don’t particularly like xenons/DRLs. :eek:

Haven’t got a delivery date yet, but the Dealer says it’ll most likely be late December/early January. :(

Cheers
Addy

PS, I guess this make me one of Clarkson’s ‘cocks’ that are migrating from BMW……..:p
Congratulations Addy. I ordered the same spec colour as you + Sat Nav last week and was late October delivery. Was informed by the dealer yesterday that it should now be ready for early September:)

PS like you sold the BMW to move over to Audi

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had confirmation today that my A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport will be delivered on Friday 12th December (this year!!) - not sure what week build that is though?

That said, and from reading other posts, I'm not too optimistic about that date and will only believe it when I've got my grubby little mitts on the steering wheel!

Cheers
Addy

PS, I will definitely make me one of Clarkson’s ‘cocks’ that are migrating from BMW……..:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good luck Addy.

I sympathise with your dilemma. I was on a tight budget and decided to go for 19" Ys (which I'll see every time I look at the car) rather than the Xenons and DRLs (which only others will see).

Hope you don't have to wait too long. If it's any comfort, we must be the only "credit crunch" car buyers who are having to wait longer for delivery now than 12 months ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Delievery date brought forward!

Had confirmation this morning from the Lister Group that my A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro delivery date has been brought forward from 12 December to 31 October - how about that then?! :D

When I received the email headed ‘A5 Delivery Status’, I thought it was going to inform me it was delayed!

Cheers
Addy

·
Registered
366 Posts
Had confirmation this morning from the Lister Group that my A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro delivery date has been brought forward from 12 December to 31 October - how about that then?! :D

When I received the email headed ‘A5 Delivery Status’, I thought it was going to inform me it was delayed!

Cheers
Addy
News like that is always welcome!

·
Registered
26 Posts

Cheers
Addy
That is good news, maybe with new car sales down in the UK quite substantially there is not the forecast volume of orders and lead times are therfore falling?

That said, my dealer who ordered my car about 3 weeks ago, can not give me a confirmed build date for another 2 to 3 weeks, does that sound right? :confused:

·
Registered
953 Posts

Cheers
Addy
Oh nice mate! Then there is hope for my build and delivery to come forwards from the depths of winter then!

*fervently keeps his fingers crossed

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is good news, maybe with new car sales down in the UK quite substantially there is not the forecast volume of orders and lead times are therefore falling? .........
That's possibly why then, with new car registrations down some 18% on September 2007.

And there's me thinking that the Lister Group thought I was 'special'.........:rolleyes:

Cheers
Addy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Cheers
Addy
Just been advised today by the Lister Group that my A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro has arrived with them, will undergo a PDI in the next day or so and will be delivered on Monday!

How good is that?!
:D

Cheers
Addy

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats Addy - If you have as much fun as I've had in mine the last couple of days you'll be grining till Christmas - enjoy :D I reckon the 2.0 TFSI will be a great engine in the A5.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just been advised today by the Lister Group that my A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro has arrived with them, will undergo a PDI in the next day or so and will be delivered on Monday!

How good is that?!
:D

Cheers
Addy
Excellent news! Which Listers dealership are you using?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.