Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick hello to everyone. I test drove an S5 at the weekend and fell in love. I'm bored to death of TTs (and the snobbery behind them) so have decided to get something "a bit more mature" :p

Hopefully when the dealer comes back with a decent deal, I'll be ordering it next week. although he was trying to sell me a cancelled order (lots of extras too) so I may be able to get a bargain, as hopefully, he's desperate to move it on. Otherwise it'll be a bog-standard Phantom Black / Magma Red S5 with parking assist.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Welcome!!

I remember when I was about to order my A5 there was a gorgeous Ibis White TT in the showroom, exactly like yours. Was really tempted to go for that instead. Glad I went for the A5 though.

Good luck on getting a bargain, it appears a few people on the forum have squeezed a good deal out of their dealerships. It shouldnt be hard.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hi and welcome, think I've seen you on the TTF? :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hi Gaz and welcome!

i also have a TT but i only went with the 2l model with DSG in black with light grey leather i was told it was quick and fun but i dont enjoy driving it.... so its on the market very soon.

What colour is the A5/S5 that the dealer is trying to sell?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a phantom Black S5 with extras that I don't really want/need. B&O sound, "get you home" lights pack, comfort pack etc.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
sounds nice.... :cool: are you going to go for it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very tempted indeed, but it depends on how flexible the salesman's willing to be. If he won't budge on price we'll just order a standard S5. Basically 40k is our limit. Either way, we'll end up with an S5. Which one it's going to be depends on the salesman's desperation. :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
With that spec Gaz that would be a 4k + discount or over allowance, hope S5's arn't that hard to shift that dealers start bailing them out the door.. That said good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'll need an element of luck, Blade but the dealer said the car was going for 42k, so that means he'd "only" have to drop 2k. I'm sure AUDI can afford a 5% drop, I'm sure I read it somewhere that the dealers are allowed a 15% drop as a maximum. If we really really really must have it, we can stretch to 42k, but I don't want to tell him that, do I? :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Gaz dont dismiss the B&O its a must, great sound best 500 notes I ever spent if ICE is your thing of course:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.