Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Finally I will get S5 next Tuesday in Toronto

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  mintchocol 
#1 ·
I ordered my S5 in January which means I wait this car almost 1 YEAR.

I ordered Stainless in lays because I did not know that 09 S5 doesnot have that option and my dealer either : (

So the car comes with Alluminum which I hate it so my dealer ordered stainless in lays in German so it will take around 4-6 weeks

I will pick up my car next week first then when the parts come in Toronto I will set up again : )

However, there is one thing i am worried about.

Snow tire set !!

I really wanted a R8 Replica wheel but all sold out.

I do not know which wheel do i have to get.

they suggested me to get a Benz AMG replica wheel OR S5 winter tire wheel ( comes from audi so cost more )

i think that is only 2 option that i can choose

do you know any other good looking winter tire set for S5 2009 ?

please let me know and help me out !:)

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome and congrats on soon becoming an S5 owner! :)

There are quite a few "winter tire/wheel" threads posted here. Use the Advanced Search feature to search by thread title only, and use 'winter' as your keyword. After reviewing the various posts from those threads, it should give you some good ideas on possible winter tire/wheel options.

#3 ·
Hey..I also have an S5 coming to Toronto. I have been allocated and expect it in the Spring. Stainless steel was my favourite, but we knew it was not available. I thus opted for Carbon Inlays. Is your dealer doing the switch free of charge? If not, how much for the parts and service to switch it? I imagine the piano black console is also included? I might consider going back to the stock trim and ordering the stainless stuff if it isn't too expensive. Its a shame they took it out as one of the options though

#4 ·
I ordered my S5 in January 2008. I was waiting this car for almost 1 year..
I ordered S5 2008 but the car had beed delayed and delayed so now I got 2009 model.
I ordered 2008 model with Stainless steel but when I confirm my order last September about 2009 model, I think my dealer did not know that Stainless steel has beed replaced to Carbon. When I saw my car at dealership last week, it was Alluminuim inlays. I was so pissed off so I asked to manager to change them. So, they order Stainless steel from Germany and it will take 4-6 weeks. I pay $500 for stainless steel which means there is no extra cost. : )
I also like Carbon but feel like everybody get the same. so I want to go for Stainless steel!!!!
I picked up my car today!!
omg I cant even believe that I am driving S5 in Toronto !!!

#5 ·
omg I cant even believe that I am driving S5 in Toronto !!!
I'll bet you're thinking that 1-year wait was worth it. :D Once again, congratulations. Enjoy the car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.