Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car arrived in the dealers on Fri so i got to go up on Sat and take a look at it.

I must say, i was a bit nervous or apprehensive about one or two things after reading this forum !! :D

I had only really briefly seen Meteor Grey in person once and after reading some posts here i kinda came to the conclusion its a love it or hate it colour. I thought a few times about changing it in the last few weeks/months but decided to stick with it. I was PRAYING on the way up to the dealers that i would like it !!

I also got the cloth/leather interior with silver-stitching. Again, over the last few weeks i was contemplating just shelling out the extra €2000 for the all leather. I was also thinking maybe the black interior with the dark grey might be too dull.

I gotta say, i was thrilled when i finally saw the car. Im not going to be stubborn and say i like certain things when im still not sure about them just because i spent so much money on it. I told my girlfriend not to to that either. If she didnt like the colour or whatever just say it straight up.

I gotta say, i couldnt be happier with the choices. The S-line looks fantastic on the car. I think its definately a must. The lowered supspension and subtle differences really accentuate the car. The S-line sport leather/cloth seats with the silver stitching look great too and really hold you in place when going around corners etc...

I was really happy with the colour too. When i first went to the dealer there was a silver and black A5 side by side and i thought the car looked much much sportier and much more aggressive in the dark colour. Almost every A5 i had seen around my place was in black so i said id go with the Meteor Grey instead. Im realy happy with it. Its definately a dark grey but in certain lights you can see a light tint of blue in it too. The grey sometimes looks darker or lighter too depending on the light. Im very happy with it

I took it for a test drive and it was great to drive. I didnt find it at all hard or harsh and i even took it down some rough Irish country road to test it. It felt a lot sportier than the standard 3.0Tdi one i drove on my test drive. It still had great power but felt a bit lighter and more nimble - like i said a bit sportier. (Probably down to the lowered supsension, sports seats, petrol engine and the fact that the car is lighter than the diesel)

Just gotta wait 2 weeks now until its registered. Its going to be a long wait ....

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Glad you're happy savo, sounds like a beautiful car. I think all of us were nervous about our colour choices at some stage during the long wait, I know I was bricking it over my Magma Red seats..two weeks will fly by ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice one Savo, Congrats and be kind as to share some pics and thoughts once it is officially handed to you!:)

Regards
George

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, Savo. Excellent post.
I'm about to head over to my dealer and take another look at the Meteor Grey. It'll either be that or the Quartz Grey. I swear I'm not this indecisive about anything else in my life...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts