Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer called this AM and my car finally received a build week (June 23). His estimate for delivery was end of August or early September. This is the first S5 his dealership is getting so he had no real world idea on a time. I was wondering if anyone could give me a owner estimate from their experience on length of shipping / delivery. I live in New Jersey so when it hits port it shouldn't take long.
Vitals - Ordered 1/17/08
Allocation 5/19/08
DSB, black/pearl alacantra, tech, nav, B&O

p.s. - I guess now the waiting really begins. But at least it is a reality and it will be here eventually.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My car finished production at the end of March, reached port towards the end of April and arrived at my dealer in NoVA on May 7, so you should be able to plan on 5-6 weeks from production to delivery on the east coast. The only issue with a small dealer may be a longer wait in port while they wait to get a full truck load to your area.

BTW, if you ever get up to the Union/Kenilworth area, I have an identical car except for the Tech package, so if you're interested in seeing one in real life, send me a PM.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My dealer called this AM and my car finally received a build week (June 23). His estimate for delivery was end of August or early September. This is the first S5 his dealership is getting so he had no real world idea on a time. I was wondering if anyone could give me a owner estimate from their experience on length of shipping / delivery. I live in New Jersey so when it hits port it shouldn't take long.
Vitals - Ordered 1/17/08
Allocation 5/19/08
DSB, black/pearl alacantra, tech, nav, B&O

p.s. - I guess now the waiting really begins. But at least it is a reality and it will be here eventually.

That's great new NJ...now the really painful wait begins...:D

I always want it more when I know it's real!!

Congrats!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great news njdoc. My dealer told me 50 days from scheduling to delivery and my car was pretty much right on that.

ccompton, did it ship?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.