Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive finally got my car. got it on tues just done 200 miles in it, and my word it looks damn fine. the white is an absolute head turner, jus thought id make a quick few observations.

when i first got the car the tv function came up but has disapeared within a matter of seconds even though i didnt order it, so clearly the software is there and its just a case of somehow having it unlocked

didnt know i had ordered the rear parking camera but i have it and its damn cool

the b and o sound system is amazing so clear, anyone dithering about this must go for it and also the dab radio the sound is superb

i will never tire of the led lights or the sweet engine note

the sunroof as useless as it is def looks cool

the handling is superb, i previously had the new tt and the difference is night and day, while the tt seemed to always fidget and tramline this thing just sticks and goes whithout crashing around.

now a few complaints,hate the fact you cant fully rev the engine whilst in neutral, theres a weird electrical humming from the console when first switched on. dont think the its ideally suited in traffic due to the gearing. and the white looks filthy alreday, saj if you have been in scotland this week you will know what im talking about, the salt on the roads particularly .

gotta say though this is an amazing car, its so refined but yet so sporty best of both worlds

·
Registered
182 Posts
all you glaswegians and your shiny new cars! congrats, i'm a bit jealous..

my Q7 makes a ton of whirring and humming and things buzzing about and gerbils racing to get into position when the car is first turned on and after it's shut off, so i'm sure it's all normal stuff now, just a longer list of things to check and move around and ready for the journey.. are you sure it's in the console? can you jump out and listen from outside the car when you start it and see if it's from the engine bay maybe?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Had a look at your car when viewing mine on saturday.It def looks the part although I do agree a nightmare to keep clean.
Congrats on finally getting the keys and I will be looking out for you, saj and rab cruising around the glesga area in your gleaming white s5/a5's.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Had a look at your car when viewing mine on saturday.It def looks the part although I do agree a nightmare to keep clean.
Congrats on finally getting the keys and I will be looking out for you, saj and rab cruising around the glesga area in your gleaming white s5/a5's.

There's also another White A5 in and around Glasgow. Cant be a member of this site though.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
now a few complaints,hate the fact you cant fully rev the engine whilst in neutral, theres a weird electrical humming from the console when first switched on. dont think the its ideally suited in traffic due to the gearing. and the white looks filthy alreday, saj if you have been in scotland this week you will know what im talking about, the salt on the roads particularly .
Tell me about it, M8 was covered in the stuff yesterday my car looked more brown than white by the time I got home (only downside to white, but for the looks you get when its clean I don't mind washing it more often than not) even though the weather was crap I still washed it, couldn't stand to see it dirty. Will probably be around Glasgow on Saturday night, you will know me from my reggy if you see me.

Shaz I happened to be in Shields on Sunday and some random guy came up and thought he knew me from looking at the car but realised when i put the window down I was someone else, maybe he thought I was you?

Had a look at your car when viewing mine on saturday.It def looks the part although I do agree a nightmare to keep clean.Congrats on finally getting the keys and I will be looking out for you, saj and rab cruising around the glesga area in your gleaming white s5/a5's.
Will definetly have to do a Scottish OC meet, from the looks of it we have plenty owners in the Strathclyde/Edinburgh area on its own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts