Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Aruba Blue A5! Boy am I glad.... I had initially thought that the dealer had bungled up by ordering the Star Silver/Stone blue option (I wanted the Star silver option), but boy am I happy he did so! The colour looks awesome. The Aruba Blue looks great in the Dubai sun. The city is dotted with White, Silver and Black cars and hence other colours really stand out. I am quite happy with my choice of colour. It seems that the the split leather and Aruba Blue would be considered part of the "Exclusive Range" for the Middle East and bookings arent open for Exclusive Range till September. So I guess, I got myself a good deal as I didnt get charged as per the Exclusive pricing!

The drive is really good. Quite different from my previous E46 BMW. I really didnt realise that i was travelling at 160kph back from the dealer until I glanced at the speedometer. I wonder how many radar's I must have picked up enroute.

The stone blue option comes with stone blue floor rugs, which unfortunately does end up showing the white dust that is predominantly found in this part of town.

My car is an '09 model, comes with Drive Select. The Auto setting seems to be more similar to the Comfort setting, though I wonder if it would kick into Dynamic if I push the car a bit hard. The dynamic setting does really raise up the power. Its quite like the sport setting on the BMW's. However am not too sure it effects the suspension quite a bit. Will have to look through it more carefully.

My Blackberry Curve paired with the Bluetooth rather seamlessly. However, I wonder if I can import the contact details from the address book in my Berry. I have not saved any info on the SIM card and all details are on the phone memory. Would the A5 import contact details from the device?

I love the attention that the DRL's are getting from everyone who is driving past. I have not noticed the DRL's dimming when the headlights are switched on. Isnt that what people were trying to fix on the forum?

The B&O is quite amazing in comparison to the stock system on the BMW. I have not had a chance to compare it to the stock A5 unit though.

MMI isnt as bad as people make it out to be. It is to a very large extent intuitive. However dialing a telephone number using the dial, is definitely painstaking.

I need to figure out how to get the recirculation to come on default everytime I switch on the AC. I also need to figure out why the rear sunblind doesnt come back up after I am done reversing the car.

My only regret is not having taken up the hill hold. Had I known that it was an inexpensive option I would have taken it up initially.

I have noticed one thing though. Whenever the car comes to a standstill at a signal or in traffic, it tends to jerk quite a bit. It kinda feels like someones backended me. Anyone else having this issue?

Overall, am definitely extremely pleased....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hurry with the pictures... we wanna see that Aruba Blue in sunny Dubai

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First set of photos

Heres the first set of photos, I haven't really got the car cleaned so didnt go the whole nine yards with the photos. It does however give an idea of what Aruba Blue does look like as well as the Star silver + Stone blue combo. Will post better once when am done cleaning the car... Its been 3 days and I have already clocked up 1200kms!

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Beautiful! That color looks great on the A5.
+1, and perfect color for that location!

And have fun cleaning those rims!:D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Adil & Sapper.. will have to struggle with those rims for sure! Any idea how accurate the outdoor temperature sensors in these cars are? I think it tends to be quite off the mark! Its been showing 55.5C here today. I doubt its any higher than 47C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.