Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I have the classic problem of inner side front tires wear... The rear tires are pretty evenly worn so I was wandering if I have caught them in time to simply swap them for a bit of time. I have attached a picture with front and rear tires (I am mounting Michelin PS4s), what do you think?

Front tire:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Rear tire:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Side by side:
Tire Leg Automotive tire Wheel Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
470 Posts
I run ps4s all round. What pressure are you running on the fronts?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
39 psi in the front and 35 in the back (mine is a convertible), as specified in the manual.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How many miles on the car and on these tires? That inner edge wear is not too bad. My tire wear on same tires is similar. I got 20000 miles from last set of Super Sports. These PS4s are at 15000 and look like they will go 25000. I check camber with a digital gauge and it is -1degree front and - 1.5 degree rear. A bit of negative camber is desirable for cornering performance and to even tire wear when cornering harder. More camber, lots more, is desirable if tracking the car. I’ve seen guys wear the front tires outer edge to the cord in one day at track events. Thus, alignment is somewhat of a compromise. Proper camber depends on how the car is typically driven. You might have it checked and especially for toe setting. Toe is obvious when it gets off though because the steering wheel position when driving straight will usually be off center.
as suggested above, rotate them front to rear.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wood Traffic light Gas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts