Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which VAGCOM mods are your favo(u)rite (depending on which English you use)?

Zippy

·
Registered
12 Posts
The ability to close the windows and sunroof OR open windows (doesn't open sunroof) by holding the lock/unlock buttons on the remote. A big plus when it's hot and you can roll down the windows to begin cooling the car. Or when it's pouring rain and you can close the windows and/or sunroof without having to run out in the rain.

·
Registered
32 Posts
remote opening/closing windows/sunroof(mine opens and closes by remote)
non-winking led's with turn signal

·
Registered
105 Posts
@risc601

yeah you can open the glass roof by remote too. Once it's unlocked with the VAG you can go into the MMI settings and select the roof too.
My favs are in my sig :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ADS
Auxilliary ventilation

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it possible to use the DRL as the blinker...instead of the amber side markers? So that when you hit the blinkers from inside the car, the amber side markers stay lit and the DRL blinks....?

Z.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is it possible to use the DRL as the blinker...instead of the amber side markers? So that when you hit the blinkers from inside the car, the amber side markers stay lit and the DRL blinks....?

Z.
Idk why, but i think that would be against DOT regulations.. just a thought.. i think amber has to be the color.

·
Registered
388 Posts
all of them...so far discovered

...especially convenience key opening of windows/sunroof, closing of windows/sunroof and auto fold mirrors...and the naughty ones - disable seatbelt chime (for those brief moments) and vid in motion.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Strange - I didn't have to use VAGCOM to set the windows or the roof open with the remote.. From memory it was a setting in the MMI.. In any case, this is great because I can be sure my black car loses all the hot air before I get in..

I will eventually get a ross cable so that I can enable the really cool stuff like the battery meter...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Increasing LED intensity while low beams are on. Seat-belt chime.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Has to be needle sweep first because it's there everytime you turn the ignition and remind you why you bought Vag-Com, followed by voice command as it was not even an option for cabs regardless of variant (A5/S5) although it can be temperamental with SatNav it works great with the phone.

Just my twopenneth....

Cheers

·
Registered
575 Posts
Has to be needle sweep first because it's there everytime you turn the ignition and remind you why you bought Vag-Com, followed by voice command as it was not even an option for cabs regardless of variant (A5/S5) although it can be temperamental with SatNav it works great with the phone.

Just my twopenneth....

Cheers
+1 :thumbsup:

plus horn beep on lock/unlock

but yeah, all mods I can find I generally do/try.

·
Registered
388 Posts
xxup,

I didn't have to use VAGCOM to set the windows or the roof open with the remote
Good point - it seems pending on your market area or MY, some of the bells and whistles are activated (or not)...in my case, needle sweep was stock - Mulski used Vagcom to activate his, and you're absolutely right about it being a great feature letting the car ventilate before stepping in - especially with an S-Line interior. VCDS is a must for A5/S5 enthusiasts! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Guys, New to the A5OC world.

Can i just buy a cheap VAG-COM USB Vehicle CAN Bus cable from the internet?
I see one for $32. why spend $350 if they are the same????

Let me know.
thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
ADS
Auxilliary ventilation
What is ads? I don't know the acronym. I'll probably know it and then feel stupid for not realizing what it meant.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
What is ads? I don't know the acronym. I'll probably know it and then feel stupid for not realizing what it meant.
ADs = Audi Drive Select which means adjustable steering, suspension, engine and the sports diff if fitted.

·
Registered
590 Posts
There has been observed posts of members not being able to do everything that the true Ross-Tech cable can do. I strongly recommend taking the plunge and spending the $300+ for the actual cable. It will truly pay for itself in the various ways you can personalize your car.

·
Registered
374 Posts
all of them...so far discovered

...especially convenience key opening of windows/sunroof, closing of windows/sunroof and auto fold mirrors...and the naughty ones - disable seatbelt chime (for those brief moments) and vid in motion.
Auto fold mirrors? Didn't know about this one before. Code please?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Guys, New to the A5OC world.

Can i just buy a cheap VAG-COM USB Vehicle CAN Bus cable from the internet?
I see one for $32. why spend $350 if they are the same????

Let me know.
thanks
Because it wont work..

We've all tried it and it doesnt interface properly with the car to gain all the access you need... Your welcome to try though!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts