Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi gents. For a while now I've noticed my boot switch seems inactive. I normally open it from the fob or the internal button in the drivers area and they seem to work fine. However, when I press the concealed rear boot handle it doesn't operate. I assumed the microswitch may be faulty but when the boot lid is actually open, and I press it, I can hear the actuator mechanism - which would indicate it's operational... except only when the boot is open and no latch mechanism seems to move. I manually closed the boot latch (while the boot was still open) and the switch then fails to operate again???
Just before I start pulling off trim to investigate is there anyone who can shed some light on what may be happening.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Mine is like this too and I use the fob or switch on driver's door.

In the MMI there is a boot lid control option, but which ever setting I use, it still doesn't open by manually pressing the micro switch on the boot lid.

I need to have a another proper mess with the settings in the MMI menu, just in case it's a 'user error' :)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I didn't find one. Sold the A5 and bought an S5, which works.

Not sure if it was a setting or faulty switch. They are an actuated switch, so it could be faulty. See if you can get a replacement, or check the wiring?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a new switch on eBay for £9.
Works great
Could you post a link for that? I don't seem to be getting the right search results (just getting the manual switch by the driver)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts