Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Here's a hypothetical question for you. If I were to try to arrange to pick up the car from Audi in Ingolstadt, would that speed up the process of getting the car to England?

The reason I ask is that if my dealer is to be believed (when they can be bothered to contact me), mine should finally be in production this week (3 weeks later than scheduled). This means it is highly unlikely that it will materialise in England before Christmas.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has experience in this field and can tell me if it is worth it. I don't plan on making a holiday out of the trip - I just want to fly out there and drive straight back.

Your thoughts please...

Cheers
Plob

·
Registered
735 Posts
Are they saying that you COULD actually collect it? Would it be PDId at the factory, as with European Delivery for the US folk?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure - that's part of the reason for my question.
A mate of mine did this with his V6 VW Golf so I was wondering if this is possible for the A5 - and whether it would speed up the arrival of the car.

Cheers
Plob

·
Registered
128 Posts
I asked a similar question and was told it's not possible, which is a great shame and makes me want to buy a new Merc at some time in my life, just so that I can do the Stuttgart trip!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Might be best to give your dealer a call and ask them, as most audi Dealers are franchises.

If you've bought the car through a UK dealer, then i'm sure the dealer would want to PDI it themselves, rather than leave it to Audi. Its their sale, and they are responsible for the PDI.

I personally dont think it would speed up the process... the car would have to be registered before being driven on a UK road, including all papers being present. Unless the dealer is able to handle that for you before the car enters the country?

Also not sure what the laws are regarding driving the car on EU roads. Maybe it would have to be registered to an EU country before being driven on those roads also?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I asked a similar question and was told it's not possible, which is a great shame and makes me want to buy a new Merc at some time in my life, just so that I can do the Stuttgart trip!
Why don't you just drive to Stuttgart - you don't have to buy a car to go there.... :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts