Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, yesterday I fitted a 2013 front end with bi-xenons onto my 2009 A5 with haolgens. Everything went well including the new bumper fitting directly over the original crash bar(which i’ve been told wouldn’t fit). The headlights are working much better than expected with no coding everything works properly, including high beams. The lights even work on auto. The only issue I’m having is the DRLs that run round the headlights. They work when the sidelights are switched on but they are not on constantly in auto mode. Can anyone offer any advice on how to sort this out? I have VCDS but I’ve never used it. If anyone could offer some insight into what needs to be done, please let me know. Thankyou.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, yesterday I fitted a 2013 front end with bi-xenons onto my 2009 A5 with haolgens. Everything went well including the new bumper fitting directly over the original crash bar(which i’ve been told wouldn’t fit). The headlights are working much better than expected with no coding everything works properly, including high beams. The lights even work on auto. The only issue I’m having is the DRLs that run round the headlights. They work when the sidelights are switched on but they are not on constantly in auto mode. Can anyone offer any advice on how to sort this out? I have VCDS but I’ve never used it. If anyone could offer some insight into what needs to be done, please let me know. Thankyou.
I'm not certain whether it's different from halogens to facelift LED but for me I went from xenon's to facelift. And the process was the following

Go to 09 - Central Electric module on VCDS

Then press security access -16

Type in 20113, press do it

Then go onto adaptation - 10

Channel 03

Go on Turn signal dimming

Change the stored value to 26, press new test, and then save.

I done this exact mod yesterday myself

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out, there’s a DRL switch in the vehicle settings on the MMI. Turned that on and everything works perfectly. No coding what so ever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts