Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just done a front end facelift conversion on my 2009. I looked through the forums for hours and couldn’t find much help regarding parts needed.
Here’s a list of everything you’ll need:
Bonnet/hood
Front Bumper with everything attached incl. Grill, Foam inserts, fog lights and grills, front under-tray and the plastic insert behind the top of the grill.
Headlights incl. 2 modules and 1 metal fin thing.
Headlight brackets(2 pieces for each)
Headlight adapters(if going from halogen to xenon)
Radiator top cover.
Intake duct that runs into top cover.
Possibly airbox or more ducts(i haven’t fitted yet)
You can also fit the headlight washers if you want, I didn’t bother but I’m sure it’s fairly simple.

I think that’s everything.
I bought my headlight adapters on ebay from a guy in Bradford(UK) and they work perfectly with no coding so feel free to message me and I’ll send you the details.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I’ve just done a front end facelift conversion on my 2009. I looked through the forums for hours and couldn’t find much help regarding parts needed.
Here’s a list of everything you’ll need:
Bonnet/hood
Front Bumper with everything attached incl. Grill, Foam inserts, fog lights and grills, front under-tray and the plastic insert behind the top of the grill.
Headlights incl. 2 modules and 1 metal fin thing.
Headlight brackets(2 pieces for each)
Headlight adapters(if going from halogen to xenon)
Radiator top cover.
Intake duct that runs into top cover.
Possibly airbox or more ducts(i haven’t fitted yet)
You can also fit the headlight washers if you want, I didn’t bother but I’m sure it’s fairly simple. View attachment 177335

I think that’s everything.
I bought my headlight adapters on ebay from a guy in Bradford(UK) and they work perfectly with no coding so feel free to message me and I’ll send you the details.
Good work mate!!

I wanted to do this - I was looking to upgrade in a couple of months but due to current climate, I’m going to put that on hold. So think i might crack on with it. Just the bonnet is so hard to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. I managed to get all the parts from one place luckily. The guy told me he’d give me everything I needed. When I went to fit it all, found out there were quite a few bits missing. Thought I’d make this list to make sure that doesn’t happen to anyone else.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Cheers mate. I managed to get all the parts from one place luckily. The guy told me he’d give me everything I needed. When I went to fit it all, found out there were quite a few bits missing. Thought I’d make this list to make sure that doesn’t happen to anyone else.
Yeah it’s a good post!

Thanks for sharing. I’ll keep looking for the parts....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thats looking good!
Is it easy to swap over the parts once the bumper is off? Can you do everything topside and no need to get under the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s alot simpler than I though it would be. The only thing under the car is the front undertray bolts. There are 4 of them and it can be done easily with the car on the ground. Just make sure you hook the middle undertray under the front one when you put the bumper on as they overlap.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I've just joined and I'm doing this conversion now, just trying to source parts, It's not a cheap job is it! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts