Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone here have any recent experience with reading or extracting the contents of the ifs-root.ifs QNX flash image filesystem file from MMI3G/3GP update media ?

The QNX command line tool "dumpifs" is supposed to read and extract the contents of QNX Image File System (IFS) files.

The C source code for dumpifs can be found on github HERE; this compiles properly on our Solaris 11 server and my Ubuntu 20.04 desktop using latest LZO and UCL shared libraries.

Running this compiled dumpifs against the "emg" and "root" IFS files (unmodified) from the HNav_US_K0133_3_D1 update behave as expected.

Using the HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6 update, only the "ifs-emg.ifs" file behaves correctly.

Running dumpifs against the K0942_6 ifs-root.ifs update file returns a memory fault.

Inspection of the header section of the K0942_6 ifs-root.ifs file seems to follow the expected format described in QNX startup.h (from the gihub link, above).

A little bit of code tracing suggests that this fails when the first chunk of imagefs data is sent to the lzo1x_decompress(...) LZO library routine in dumpifs.c. So, what change did H-B make to their IFS root image for later MMI3GP updates to make dumpifs fail (while it works as expected with MMI3G update images) and how to "tweak" the later ifs-root.ifs files so that dumpifs works properly again ? --g

·
Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The forum tool doesn't like some of the "CODE" sections I wanted to include here, so I posted them to another thread over at Audizine, in case anyone is interested in taking a look: Extracting ifs-root.ifs Image File ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts