Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rental car right now and one night thing about it is the low beam lights on the outside come on when you unlock the car and turn off when you lock the car. This a nice feature to be able to see around the car in the dark with out the car being on. Is it possible to program with VAG-COM something simular to this?

it would be hot if you could unlock the car, and have the LED's turn on from a distance using the key like the car just woke up ;-)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have you checked the MMI? There is an option for coming home lights etc. It is certainly a default feature here in Australia. A more learned visitor will outline in detail the steps to take I'm sure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the MMI? There is an option for coming home lights etc. It is certainly a default feature here in Australia. A more learned visitor will outline in detail the steps to take I'm sure.
Coming home lights are on.... not sure the difference between on and off :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very strange... If I unlock the car with the key (or advanced key), DRLs and lights turn. When I lock the car the lights stay on for an interval set int the MMI before turning off.

Does yours not do this?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Definitely via the MMI

Check the MMI - my car is set to "wake up" and "go to sleep" exactly as you describe.

·
Registered
415 Posts
What the OP is describing isn't "coming home", but "leaving home." That's a feature in the MMI which is off by default on US cars. But it's what you need to enable in order to turn on your exterior lights when you unlock the car.

Also remember that the headlight switch needs to be in the "Auto" position for this to work. That's also true for "coming home" lights when you turn the car off. Because it's tied into the automatic light circuit, neither lighting option works when it's bright ouside...the car only does "coming home" and "leaving home" lighting when it's dark.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem Solved

I never leave the light in "Auto".. so that is the problem!

Thanks!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts