Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing plenty of B8.5 S5s with 4" tips but mostly S4s with 3.5" tips.
Anyone with photos of 3.5" tips on an S5?
Thanks!

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
443 Posts
It can depend on your rear valance how the exhaust tips look as 3.5 inch tips look great on a B8 S5 as the gap on the rear valance is not as wide as it is on the B8.5 rear valance.
The exception is if you have a custom valance like on Dave Kwatro's and Smokey Joe'car
Here's mine with 3.5 tips(80 mm)
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

I had them on for a while then changed them to 4' (100 mm)

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Hood Automotive tire

This my mates A5 with 4' tips,with a B8.5 S5 bumper(no backboxes)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It can depend on your rear valance how the exhaust tips look as 3.5 inch tips look great on a B8 as the gap for the exhaust is not as wide as on the B8.5.
Here's mine with 3.5 tips
View attachment 179498
I had them on for a while then changed them to 4'

View attachment 179499

This my mates A5 with 4' tips,with a B8.5 S5 bumper

View attachment 179500
Thank you for sharing your photos!
How the 3.5' would fill out the stock valance was my concern, they look good on the S4s but wondered if they would be enough for the S5...
Mind telling me where you got your 4' tips from? They look great 👌

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi mate my 4' tips are from Miltek,however there are plenty of options you can choose from.
Dave Kwatro has said in another post it is difficult to fit 4' tips using the std backboxes due to the offset of the pipes.
You could bin the back boxes and have a straight pipe with 2 x 4' tailpipes(A5 pictured) which is quite easy for a custom exhaust shop to do.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Here's an S4 with the back boxes removed and 2 x3.5 inch tips.
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi mate my 4' tips are from Miltek,however there are plenty of options you can choose from.
Dave Kwatro has said in another post it is difficult to get 4' tips using the std backboxes due to the offset of the pipes.
You could bin the back boxes and have a straight pipe with 2 x 4' tailpipes(A5 pictured) which is quite easy for a custom exhaust shop to do.
Morning mate, I'll have to search ebay for any listings for Miltek tips, they're spot on!
Im dying to bring out the sound but unfortunately the box delete would be too loud on cold start in the mornings, meaning I'm looking for more subtle exhaust mods for now until I move.
Doing the work myself so the current plan was to fabricate a way to get tips onto the stock box, being aware of the spacing issue for 4' tips I was thinking some small pie cuts to create a slight S shape bend straight out of the box but havent had chance to mock anything up...

·
Registered
443 Posts
You will be lucky ,as I searched for over 18 months and the only quad milltek tips on ebay were the ones I sold.
I bit the bullet and bought brand new from milltek and they were expensive.
If you are thinking of keeping your std backboxes then maybe the AWE tips might be a better option.

Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Muffler Gas

As you maybe able to bolt them over your oe tailpipes.
Be warned these are normally £140 for 1 x quad tailpipes.
Dave will be able to give you more advice if you are looking to mod your std backboxes once he sees this post.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
306 Posts
I have those on my S5, I'll get a pic and post it up in a bit..

·
Registered
443 Posts
Cheers Tony ,Awe do 2 size options a 90 mm version and a 102 mm version.
Looking at the pictures, I'm not sure which ones you have.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
306 Posts
Embarrassingly I don't either. Just out now, but I'll measure later

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
You will be lucky ,as I searched for over 18 months and the only quad milltek tips on ebay were the ones I sold.
I bit the bullet and bought brand new from milltek and they were expensive.
If you are thinking of keeping your std backboxes then maybe the AWE tips might be a better option.

View attachment 179510

As you maybe able to bolt them over your oe tailpipes.
Be warned these are normally £140 for 1 x quad tailpipes.
Dave will be able to give you more advice if you are looking to mod your std backboxes once he sees this post.
Starting to feel like it's a long shot too, Ebay, AWE or ECSs Mk7 tips Awesome GTI list are looking like the two best options.
Sorry to ask so many questions, today I have seen about a couple of people mentioning using a Borla muffler/back box with their x-pipes, it apparently gives a nice deep tone and it could help with the tip fitment... but cant find much on it. Are these boxes anything you happen to have any experience with?

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
306 Posts
I got the complete system from just after the cats all the way back on here second hand, so the tips came as part of it.

I can't see how two 102mm tips would fit with the std bumper trim bit

·
Registered
443 Posts
I got the complete system from just after the cats all the way back on here second hand, so the tips came as part of it.

I can't see how two 102mm tips would fit with the std bumper trim bit
Hi Tony they do fit quite comfortably as I sold an awe track system with 102mm tips.
My tips on my Milltek system are 100 mm so only just a bit bigger than yours.
I take it you have the AWE touring edition exhaust which imho is one of the best sounding exhaust you can put on a S5.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
306 Posts
Yeah, it's the AWE touring version. Love the sound and it's addictive especially at high revs and in a tunnel ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Starting to feel like it's a long shot too, Ebay, AWE or ECSs Mk7 tips Awesome GTI list are looking like the two best options.
Sorry to ask so many questions, today I have seen about a couple of people mentioning using a Borla muffler/back box with their x-pipes, it apparently gives a nice deep tone and it could help with the tip fitment... but cant find much on it. Are these boxes anything you happen to have any experience with?
Sorry but I have not seen or know anyone with a borla system as I think they are more based for the USA market.
If you are thinking of replacing your backboxes then Cobra sport, Jetex, and even your local Powerflo dealer will have something to suit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts