Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a search thinking that there would be a comparison of the available exhaust systems but I could not find one. Too many choices so I am asking for help (or opinions). Milltek, gmg, supersprint, awe, and I assume there are more out there. My selection criteria would be 1. performance gain; 2. sound; 3; appearance; 4. price. I would also like to know if anyone has a difinative answer from Audi about the warranty. My understanding is if the sensors or cats are changed, the warranty may be void.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I did a search thinking that there would be a comparison of the available exhaust systems but I could not find one. Too many choices so I am asking for help (or opinions). Milltek, gmg, supersprint, awe, and I assume there are more out there. My selection criteria would be 1. performance gain; 2. sound; 3; appearance; 4. price. I would also like to know if anyone has a difinative answer from Audi about the warranty. My understanding is if the sensors or cats are changed, the warranty may be void.
At the moment the reason there isn't any comparisons is because everyone has Milltek systems on there cars. Myself and White08S5 both have GMG Exhaust on order which have been delayed until next week, I also have their downpipes on order too. My reason for ordering the GMG was for oval tailpipes, and from what GMG tell me it sounds better than the Milltek as the have compared because they sell both systems (although this could be just them promoting their system to sell them over Millteks, either way I wanted oval pipes so my choice was some what limited anyway)

Once my system is fitted, I will try to meet with one of the guyz that has the Milltek system fitted, as I am going to be heading down south a few weeks after it is installed and we can compare the two systems then. Videos will definitely be done as soon as the system is installed.

Looking at the systems AWE has very good build quality and looks very nice. From their videos the system sounds the best yet of all the available systems but again video quality has a big part to play in this. Their system also has impressive HP and torque gains too with only the supersprint system having dynos showing gains in the same region.

With regards to the Supersprint system, it is without a doubt the most expensive of all these systems, and you can get sports cats too (but these are about £1200 each and you need one for left and right :eek:) but my local Audi tuner has assured me that their systems are one of the best and are of the highest quality too) The only thing is how it sounds as they don't do any videos.

I think regardless of which system you choose it is a big improvement over stock, if your willing to wait another month then most likely some people will have the AWE system fitted too and might be able to get some comparisons to that too.

Just to finish off Capristo also make a system for the S5, but then your paying for top quality and their system is valved with a remote control so you can lower the sound level or increase the sound level by opening and closing the valve.

Milltek (if anyone has stats please let me know)
BHP gain: unknown
Torque gain: unknown
Weight saving: unknown

GMG - Downpipes also available
BHP gain: approx 10 - 13bhp
Torque gain: approx 12 nm
Weight saving: 35% over stock

AWE - Downpipes also available
BHP gain: 18bhp
Torque gain: 16 nm
Weight saving: ?

Supersprint - Downpipes with Sports cats available
These figures I think are with spors cat and downpipes
BHP gain: 16.8bhp
Torque gain: 26.8 nm
Weight saving: ?

Hope this helps you a bit more.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SAJ,
Thanks for the comprehensive look at the various systems. I am in no rush but I would expect within the next month I will commit to one of the systems. I look forward comments from you and White08S5 on the GMG when you get them installed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just received an email from Fabrice and he stated that the GMG WC (World Challenge) system bould be available on 6/13. Since GMG is in SoCal, I will probably take a ride down there and check out the system on his S5. He quoted prices of $1645 plus $200 for installation.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Does anyone mind posting some links to anything having to do with aftermarket A5 exhaust systems?
Does anyone have pictures of the undercarriage of an S5 and and A5? Would be interesting to see how different they are, and if the S5 exhausts can somehow be installed onto an A5.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the undercarriage of an S5 and and A5? Would be interesting to see how different they are, and if the S5 exhausts can somehow be installed onto an A5.
The S5 is dual and the A5 is single......

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the undercarriage of an S5 and and A5?
Below are pics of an A5 3.2 undercarriage.

Technical drawing of the A5/S5 exhaust system can be found here:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/picture-a5-exhaust-1526/index.html?p=17429

Quattrings had posted a good pic of the S5's stock exhaust here, but the image link is now outdated. (I just sent him a PM to update.)
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/picture-s5-exhaust-1282/index.html?p=15544

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Supersprint adds +26.8 nm of torque? Are you sure it's not 16.8?
Sounds like a big departure from the rest...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.