Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Exhaust system

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Redline_dtm1 
#1 ·
Hello, I’ve got an s5 2008, I want to upgrade the exhaust system, everyone says get a milltek, but I don’t really know what I’m buying, there diff sorts on eBay, I dint wanna get something that sounds just a bit better than it is, I want a big diff!

I could get a custom made one made locally from a garage but not sure if it’s actually that much bettter getting a milltek?

thanks

#3 ·
Alright mate, yeah mines a manual, on eBay I can get a for system inc down pipes for like £1170, but I’m not sure if that’s bottom of the range and if it won’t make much difference to what ive got on it atm

some people spending £2500 on a milltek, I just don’t wanna take a side wood step

#4 ·
I too am considering something for my old V8 S4. I have read that Miltek are among the best. Given that they make many many systems and sell worldwide then their experience and reputation is their guarantee. If you buy unknown stuff on Ebay it will likely come in from China or wherever and COULD be good cos they copy the Milteks I guess, but you are risking paying good money for a so so system. Unless you are an expert (which I am NOT) then I would go with a trusted manufacturer.

#5 ·
alright mate, ive just bought a milltek off ebay £855.00, im not going to fit down pipes and de cat it just yet, ill see how it is when its fitted

they did send me a video with the same exhaust on an s5 and it does sound pretty awesome tbf, but once I get used to that ill prob de cat it

#12 ·
You have probably got the rear spacers now, but that would be fine as the wheel goes round and round and a spacer only moves the wheel outwards. The 4WD and systems will not detect spacers or cause any issues if put on 1 axle. :)

#11 ·
Lol Jamie, personally I would wait and fit the set together cos you may introduce some strange balance and tracking problems.......

#13 ·
Hi Jamie if you buy a miltek you will not be disappointed.
My mate had a milltek fitted to his V8 and they do sound awesome and no need to change the downpipes.
I have the full system on my V6 and cannot fault not only the build quality and noise ,but the customer service when you need good honest advice.
However there are some good custom exhaust fitters out there.
This is another one of mates cars after he had the back boxes removed and quad tips fitted just before lockdown.
V8 custom exhaust

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.