Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pictures as promised ,this will suit B8 or B8.5. Has a built in x pipe which fits on to std downpipes

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
LOUD! I would look at welding a few more silencers into that!

Seen a you tube video on the AWE track exhaust on an S4, but all Americans go on about, is drone!

1 question I have, is the AWE track exhaust says it's not designed for the DSG S-Tronic box!? I really can't get my head round why a DSG box would cause more drone than a manual???
Dave nothing on awe website saying anything about the track exhaust being only for manuals . Been following the guy on you tube since I bought my s5. Stopped watching his channel after he smashed it up and bought SQ5(young bloke,no kids wtf)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
What sort of price are they looking at? Looks well used! Can I guess it being removed from a car with a new owner who doesn't want it that loud? :)

Yes! that is the same lad with the squawky voice! It was actually him who tried it and mentioned AWE track exhaust saying it's not suitable for DSG cars, not that it won't fit or work, but that they say drone is worse on DSG cars!? Probably got the SQ5 as the SUV is the most popular model in the US. Most videos on the S4 do seem to be in the US, coupes tend to be more RS than S5.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ignition tube, that's the guy.
I dread to think how loud that would be with my mom res downpipes but I'd still like to try it!
If only I didn't leave for work at 5 am I'd be very tempted. 😁

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd imagine the drone issue is more to do with the fact that the S-tronic mostly changes gear really early and is therefore mostly in a low rev band where any droning sounds horrendous.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'd imagine the drone issue is more to do with the fact that the S-tronic mostly changes gear really early and is therefore mostly in a low rev band where any droning sounds horrendous.
I know, on a flat road, I've had mine in 6th gear at 1,000rpm! :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've lived with drone before and it's horrible after a while. I had a v8 s4 with straight through pipes which sounded awesome at anything over 2k revs. But it was a tiptronic and sounded awful below 2k which when in auto was almost all the time. Had it been a manual I would have loved it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with you Smokey.
The solution - always drive it in dynamic

·
Registered
499 Posts
What’s the price then??

Curious as I’ll be selling my AWE system Q1 next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Tempting, but I couldn't live with the volume and would have to put back boxes on it. But whether you could squeeze a back box in that space!? Not sure if the track version would marry up with a back box?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Track version does match up to back boxes as it is the same system as the awe touring system just with2 backboxes added.
The same difference between miltek resonated & non resonated.
Not to sure if I would buy one to cut it up and weld.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Track version does match up to back boxes as it is the same system as the awe touring system just with2 backboxes added.
The same difference between miltek resonated & non resonated.
Not to sure if I would buy one to cut it up and weld.
Ah, so it does! But maybe worth considering adding in 2 back boxes, would have to source 2 suitable silencers, maybe AWE could supply just those!? They look to be a single straight through 2.5" silencer, but with the AWE 180 technology, so a normal absorption type silencer would probably still drone being that small size. Depends on how you want it. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dave if I did not have the milltek and it would mate up to my non resonated front pipes,this would be on my car.
I pulled up behind a 2014 S5 yesterday at Tescos garage and noticed the car had a awe system .I spoke to the lad when he came out and he said it was the track system with 120 mm quad pipes & revo stage 1 remap
He pulled out of the garage and it sounded really good, nice rumble on start up.
When he got on the main road and floored it ,it sounded like a lambo.
I am not sure what the sound inside the cabin would of been like ,but outside it sounded awesome .

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yeah that's the thing, they sound good going up the road, but could you live with it everyday, especially if you spend time on motorways. :)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts