Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone am new here be gentle lol, so I have an A5 3ltr TDI. The car has a full miltek exhaust straight from the turbo which sounded great until today when I had a remap done. The car had a remap on it when I bought it but the swirl flap made the ecu light come on so I had a new map done.
Swirl flap deleted, egr deleted and dpf deleted got 300bhp and 600nm of torque but for some reason my exhaust is now so much quieter.
Has anyone any ideas and has this happened to anyone else??

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Remaps, can't really affect the volume of the exhaust! They may sound very slightly different after a remap, but most wouldn't notice. So it sounds like the exhaust has been changed?

Difficult to say without audio clips or seeing the car before and after.

On my old TDi, I got 310bhp with all the flaps , EGR and DPF still in place.

Bobby Singh from BSR is the best guru on these 3.0tdi engines!

Reactions: Fraz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,
I mean I still get noise from the exhaust it’s just changed. It used to be quite droney when going down the motorway but now you can barely hear it. The exhaust defo hasn’t been changed still the full miltek exhaust straight from the turbo. I’ll just have to deal with a little less noise from now on 😢😂.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Fraz, You sure its not a psychological thing?
Mine sounds immense!
@Dave Kwatro Your right Bobby is for sure the best in the game.
@bobby singh obviously likes to be a sleeper, If I wanted a quiet car I would get a tesla ;) Its funny, to be honest, I only bought the 3.0 TDI as I knew it could sound amazing for a diesel if it did not sound how it does id defiantly have gone for a S5. The reactions you get, "Wow look at that S5" and people calling my bluff on it being a diesel makes it much more fun than a silent car.

The truth is he's a serious tuner who only cares about performance and that's exactly what you want, I got denied popcorn limiter as it's not for performance, And even tho I'm practically a child It has given me the impression he's not here to play games lol he's a serious tuner. Plus I have kicked the shit out of my car since the tune with 0 issues

Have a good weekend gents enough ass licking from me :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the reply’s boys, the car is definitely quieter. The wife and my boys got in the car and said aww dad your cars quite now what have you done to it 😂 they all liked the noise. It’s still sounds good just not as loud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also have a miltek exhaust, I was thinking of getting the dpf removed, does it drone a lot of the motorway with the miltek exhaust and dff removal ?
do you have any sound clips ?
I have the dpf delete done in the ecu the actual dpf is still in the down pipe. The exhaust is a wee bit droney when you put the foot down but I like it. If you are just driving normally you can’t just hear a wee pur.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was going to get a pipe and I don’t actually know if there any any mufflers it is a cat back however, just worried if it will drone
How does that work keeping the dpf in ?
I have no idea lol the guy that done the map said you wanting the dpf delete done I said yes that’s as much as I know. 😂

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ohhh I get you, is your car auto with 7 gears ? Does it drone a lot on the motorway ? I do quite a lot of motorway miles so kinda worried about that
No I have a manual 6 speed 3 litre TDI. Nah it’s honestly fine doesn’t drone too much at all. I do a lot of motorway miles aswell and I find it fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts