Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
S5 2010 cab
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking to either delete centre resonator or rear back boxes on my 2010 B8 V6 S5 Cab. However am reading a lot about the auto V6 providing an unbearable drone from centre delete.
Anyone south coast had either done that would be willing for me to listen? All good listening on YouTube etc but be good to get real life advice before chopping the system up in the wrong place.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Looking to either delete centre resonator or rear back boxes on my 2010 B8 V6 S5 Cab. However am reading a lot about the auto V6 providing an unbearable drone from centre delete.
Anyone south coast had either done that would be willing for me to listen? All good listening on YouTube etc but be good to get real life advice before chopping the system up in the wrong place.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had Rear box deletes on my 2015 S5 snd found it too loud and had a definite drone at motorway speeds. I found a pair of used Cobra rear boxes and fitted them which I found just right ... no drone and a deeper and slightly louder exhaust note. Obviously the sound everyone wants is different but these definitely suit my needs. An added benefit for the future is that the tailpipes can be changed as they are clamp on type. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
S5 2010 cab
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had Rear box deletes on my 2015 S5 snd found it too loud and had a definite drone at motorway speeds. I found a pair of used Cobra rear boxes and fitted them which I found just right ... no drone and a deeper and slightly louder exhaust note. Obviously the sound everyone wants is different but these definitely suit my needs. An added benefit for the future is that the tailpipes can be changed as they are clamp on type. Hope this helps.
That’s great to hear from someone directly. It’s weighing up all options but cutting up the system is daunting in case doesn’t come out as you hoped. Appreciate your reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s great to hear from someone directly. It’s weighing up all options but cutting up the system is daunting in case doesn’t come out as you hoped. Appreciate your reply
If it helps the the back box delete only cut out the standard rear boxes. The Cobra boxes cut out the rear system from just behind the rear axle. Of course it would always be possible to get a custom pipe made to reconnect the standard boxes if you where not happy with the mods ... obviously costly but possible. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts