Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per JimmyZ recommendation I did consider GMG again and even called about the quad tips.

GMG does not offer quad tips. Exhaust is 1500 plus shipping. Still not crazy about it so I emailed Supersport about the exhaust in this video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEKgFVYBdXs

GMG now offers a carbon fiber rear diffuser for 800, CF Engine cover for 595 and, CF front splitter for 295. Sweet!

I was racing around 395 with a Maserati Quattroporte on 3 piece wheels and a CL63 with full Lorinser kit and forged wheels. I was able to pass the Maserati in third gear but that CL is a rocket ship. He completely dipped out on me! I think those Maseratis have 420 hp or something around there right?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi I also e-mailed Supersport about their exhaust after watching the same video but still no respond. Can you PM me after you get any info about that exhaust cause I love it!
You can check : http://www.senner-tuning.de/ here you can find many accessories for the S5.

Maserati Quattroporte has 294 kW / 400 PS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That carbon rear diffuser is really nice - just what the S5 needs.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$1500 for better sound, appearance and performance - about 15 hp - which could really help when you are messing around with all the 997s down here in Miami.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just my opinion, I think the concentric circles look like they're trying too hard to look like Porsche, and on top of that having one partial tip on each side makes it look kind of cheesy.

Regarding the $1500, unfortunately that's about going rate for all of the S5 exhausts (except for Milltek which is slightly more). It's pricey but most of these are getting imported from Europe, so you're paying for the conversion rate and transport fees as well.

-Ray

·
Registered
9 Posts
Currently have a Milltek cat-back

Guys I have a dilema. I have my S5 with the Milltek cat-back..I'm very dissapointed with the sound, I thought it was going to be louder and nicer like my RS4 one. I used to have the non-resonated valve Milltek cat-back with my RS4 and that thing is loud as fU.c$K way better.

So Im thinking about adding the A.W.E downpipes and probably replace the nonresonated extension and see if makes any difference. It should right!!

Otherwise I am going to sell it and by the GMG just because I like th RS tips better and the sound is great ...

What do you think? :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
GMG vs AWE exhaust, what u guys think? AWE site says it adds 18hp and 12 torque..a bit cheaper than GMG
I would get the GMG, mainly because of how it sounds (it really takes the exhaust note to another level, compared to the competition, except for maybe the Capristo S5 exhaust, which costs around 5 grand). I also don't mind the ovals, in fact I may grow to love them if I ever get the GMG system, and I wonder why everyone hates them (The RS4 has ovals and most people love it). As far as quality is concerned, I am sure they are both top notch, but I know for a fact, from hearing reviews and comments from car enthusiest for the past few years, that all AWE made components are always top notch and that they have great customer relations/service (although I am sure GMG is just as good, or at least I hope so).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no way man. i grew up in weston. i live on miami beach now. ill be in weston this weekend. this would be a very simple switch that could be done at weston rd at a mieneke...lol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nope. ive been wanting milltek tho. i just got my car 2.5 weeks ago and i just ordered wheels and springs. exhaust is next on my list. ill probably order some of those gmg carbon pieces too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts