Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have fitted eurospec lights to your US cars; are the headlights originally geared for right hand drive traffic ie europe and then switched over in the MMI function or are the specifically for left hand drive use from the factory?

Im trying to establish whether or not its possible to use left hand drive headlamps in a right hand drive vehicle and have the beam switched over in the MMI function?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I believe mine are left hand drive headlights. I simply installed them and was good to go. For the other folks on here who purchased theirs from madaudi, you'll likely find it was the same for them too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought mine from madaudi and i have had no problems with them being for right had or left hand (My car is left hand)...the lights are set up for the Europe because the lights have the city bulb set up

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
...the lights are set up for the Europe because the lights have the city bulb set up
Yes, that's true... but just FYI there are different part numbers for the Euro spec headlights, depending upon whether they're for left or right hand drive cars. I'm fairly certain the ones madaudi sells are for left hand drive cars.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The non euro versions have amber side markers whereas the euro verions have clear ones giving the car a much cleaner and nicer look. Have a look for some US members cars and then compare them to the euro members cars in the pics section

·
Registered
124 Posts
Does anyone ever have trouble with passing state inspections with the Euro spec lights? Just curious.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If I order my E-Codes directly from the dealer what kind of wiring needs to be done? Is this rocket science or are there instructions somewhere?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Photo showing Euro vs. US spec headlight

OK, anyone know where I can find those pics of the diffferent lights? Is there a search function here for just photos?
Here, I'll make this easier for you. See attached comparison photo.

No, you can't search for photos specifically... only the keywords that were included in a message post.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.