Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone doing the European Delivery option here?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Anyone doing the European Delivery option here?
I tried but could not get conformation of production dates to ensure I can get there when I am already in Europe for business. It would have been very nice though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, Audi wasn't very forthcoming with accurate information during July and August. It appears that things are getting back on track though and we will have pricing in a couple of weeks.

I can't believe that I am the only one on the forum that went through with it though. Come on guys, anyone signed up for European delivery?

I tried but could not get conformation of production dates to ensure I can get there when I am already in Europe for business. It would have been very nice though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
European experience.

A few years ago, I took delivery of a red CLK450 in Germany. It was the experience of a lifetime. I want to, someday, do the same thing with an Audi, a Porsche or another MB.

The adventure began at the factory. The people who ordered factory delivery were up on a balcony overlooking the delivery area. There were about six cars being processed. At the rear of the room, two huge doors opened and the red CLK was driven out. People in the gallery were amazed at a red Mercedes. A rep came to the balcony and asked who had the Ferrari red CLK?

I went through the process of learning about the car and was anxious to get on the road. Besides all the amenities that came with the purchase, I elected to get the extra week tour of the Autobahn, the Black Forest, Austria and on to Munich. the extra cost was $1500 and worth every penny. I stayed at four five-star hotels with breakfast and lunch or dinner included. It was perfect.

My new motto is "See Germany and die, no, pick up a car first."

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was told that European Delivery wasn't available for the S5? That's what one of the salesmen from a Audi dealer in downtown Dallas told me.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I was told that European Delivery wasn't available for the S5? That's what one of the salesmen from a Audi dealer in downtown Dallas told me.
Unless Audi changed it for 2009 and onward, I know someone from Austin who did the European Delivery with his 2008 S5. (See this post from cnugget23.)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quattrings, this may be a little late to be timely for your decision processes, but I took delivery of an S5 this summer. Fourth overseas delivery for me, first Audi (Volvo, Porsche, BMW). The other experiences were a while ago, so maybe they've goten better, but the Audi experience was spectacular. The story is complex, but in summary the museum, the factory tour, and driving the car around Europe make for an extraordinary time. I had the car in Germany from July 3 to mid-September (went over twice, complicated story) but by the time I came back the odo was well past the break in period. There is nothing like sailing down the A5 in Germany at 150 mph to wake you up. Reply to this post if you want to hear more, like my dealer's role (Morrison Auto Group, Gary Becker, superb) or the names of the guy at Audi USA or the rep I dealt with in Ingolstadt. I had so much fun I wanted to go back and buy a Q5!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yeh, I went for that option. Top Dollar mate!!

:laughinatabove:

Cheers

RG
Hi RG, I was under the impression that European delivery was not an option for the UK due to the fact that everyone else drives on the wrong side of the car.:)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hi RG, I was under the impression that European delivery was not an option for the UK due to the fact that everyone else drives on the wrong side of the car.:)
Britain is in Europe isn't it!!! :laughinatabove:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts