Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone have any info on the differencies between European and US spec A5's. All info is more than appreciated.

Based on the posts so far it seems that at least the following (might) be different:

- No rear fog lights in the US
- S-Line sport suspension does not come with a lower body
- The US navigation system is different (i.e. does not play European maps, can anyone really confirm this? :confused: )

Thanks,
-B

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Headlights are also different...no horid looking orange indicators strips on the euro ones.
No roof handles on the inside of the US spec motors either.
I think brake specs may be different also - not sure about this one though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi

Does anyone have any info on the differencies between European and US spec A5's. All info is more than appreciated.

Based on the posts so far it seems that at least the following (might) be different:

- No rear fog lights in the US
- S-Line sport suspension does not come with a lower body
- The US navigation system is different (i.e. does not play European maps, can anyone really confirm this? :confused: )

Thanks,
-B
I hope that isn't true about the non lowered suspension in the S-line! Yeah, the lights do have that crappy orange strip, and they don't throw their beams as far. Those will be the first to go when my A5 arrives... I am putting in the euro lights (kind of pricey but worth it). I heard the same about the US nav maps too. I think you can get the euro maps loaded though, it would make sense (My US spec audi will be bought out here in germany, and having those maps would be nice).

I really hope that isn't true about the suspension though. Its only 10mm right? Maybe on day the DOT in the states will get with the program and update some of its restrictions. :mad:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
US spec A5's:

1. Only available with non-sport seats (unless you opt for the S-line package, in which case you get sport seats available only in black), whereas Euro spec A5 is available with sport seats in various colors.

2. Center section of rear seat has a storage compartment (like on the S5), whereas Euro spec A5 has no storage compartment and is instead leather.

Note: On some interior colors (e.g., Linen Beige), the US spec A5 rear seat center storage compartment will be color-matched to the seats while others will have a black storage compartment (e.g. Cinnamon Brown seats)

BMore, please update your profile to reflect your location.

·
Registered
256 Posts
US spec A5's:

1. Only available with non-sport seats (unless you opt for the S-line package, in which case you get sport seats available only in black), whereas Euro spec A5 is available with sport seats in various colors.

2. Center section of rear seat has a storage compartment (like on the S5), whereas Euro spec A5 has no storage compartment and is instead leather.

Note: On some interior colors (e.g., Linen Beige), the US spec A5 rear seat center storage compartment will be color-matched to the seats while others will have a black storage compartment (e.g. Cinnamon Brown seats)
That's interesting. My (Canadian) A5 has linen beige interior, but the center section of the rear seat is a black storage compartment. I bet it's just a mistake - the front centre console was cloth when the car arrived and the dealer had to swap it out. I didn't mind the black, but now I think I'd prefer it in beige. Ultimately, I guess it doesn't matter since I don't plan to sit back there. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

I'm going to be really disappointed if the navigation system does not work both in Europe as well as in the US. It would be nice to get this confirmed.

Surprising that the navigation systems are geographically limited, my XC90 navigation works both in Europe and here where as my MB navigation only works here (the head units are from different manufacturers for EU and US). I'd think the manufacturer would get substantial savings by just having one SKU... :confused:

-B

Ps. I updated my location, thanks for reminding :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of the orange reflecter strip on the head lights?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep, those US spec headlights will be the first things to go. The orange strip makes it look ugly :( I am going to wait til my Audi gets back to the US before changing them out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
As requested...
OH.... Thats not too big of a deal, I can live with that! Maybe i will change my mind when I pick mine up and drive around Germany and see others!

Thanks TXcarguy

·
Registered
141 Posts
you might....IMO it just looks better with the lights all clear, also the euro spec lights throw the beams in a much better pattern (from what I read).. its not that big a deal, this is true, but after living out here in germany for awhile, you get used to the euro look :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
OH.... Thats not too big of a deal, I can live with that! Maybe i will change my mind when I pick mine up and drive around Germany and see others!

Thanks TXcarguy
Sapper, I was worried about it just as you are until I saw my car for the first time today. Trust me, as awkward as they may seem, they do not take away from the beauty of the car. As a matter of fact, with the led lights on, you dont even notice the amber lights as they are only illuminated when the park and/or headlights are on.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
No boot handles on US model (or is that trunk hooks).
US LEDs go out on that side when indicating. Euro ones dim (although early ones do not).
US models dont get full options range.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would like to see more options on the US cars. Can you order the trunk hooks from audi? I would like them in my trunk for grocery bags and what not.

I wonder if they will figure out how to change the LED lights going off when turning via the vagcom or though some settings in the MMI? I still want the euro lights though, just bec the beam pattern is better, and the amber lense is gone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wonder if they will figure out how to change the LED lights going off when turning via the vagcom or though some settings in the MMI?

Vipe: what does the above mean? I don't know what "vagcom" is and I didn't realize the the LEDs go off when turning. It's too late to run out now to check as I have an early morning on Tuesday. I am confused.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts