Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a euro delivery in October. They told me the car would not be ready so they gave me a Euro Spec S5 to drive for 3 weeks. I put about 1000 miles on it. Great time . Did the factory and museum tour then drove from Munich to Amsterdam. The Hotels Audi comps you in are also fantastic . You have to do it. The 5% savings is just the cherry on top. My car arrived december 1st. I got rid of an S6....too heavy but anawesome car. I enjoy dring this as much as my 997 turbo :) :) :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gregg, can you tell us more about european delivery? Did you arrange it through a local dealer? How was shipping arranged? Did port fees and other duties become a burden? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting. I placed on order on December 31 and wanted to do a Euro delivery. My sales person told me that it is not available on the S5. He said it is on the order form but they'll just put the order on hold and call him to remove it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It really is a shame that the dealers have absolutely no clue about ED. I asked the dealer originally and they said it was not avail on S5. I then called Audi of North America and they said it was. I ended up canceling my Euro Del because they had a customer get a 911 Turbo instead of the car they ordered so it was mine!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Euro delivery

Euro delivery is Great. My car was not ready so they gave me one of theirs and I got to put hundreds of kilometers on it. In fact I just got a speeding ticket emailed to me from audi 121km in a 100km zone 66euros.
The factory gives an amazing tour of production and the museum too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shipping is arrainged by Audi. You can drive the car (insurance covered for 1 month. Drop off is at approx 40 locations. No costs whatso ever. In fact you save money on the car with ED. Delivery took 8 weeks but should have been 4 to 5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts