Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealership claim the 5% savings on European Delivery is not available on the A5. However, Audi NA just told me it is, it's just that it's not being advertised due to it's popularity? I'm going to call Audi NA again on Monday because if I understood correctly, I won't see a 5% return until the car arrives in the US.

Is this correct?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I asked about this when I was at my dealer today, and they still insist that while Euro delivery is an option on the A5, there is no discount. I'll be curious to hear what you find out when you call Audi on Monday.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dealer is looking into this, but hasn't got back to me. Let us know what you hear back b/c this is of course a good chunk of $$$ and I'd rather spend my $3k in Germany than US over the life of the car.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sounds like the dealer may be trying to get the sale to be delivered through their location...maybe they want to have the car on site to try an sell more...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got the word from my dealer:

You CAN do Euro Delivery!!! You need to be far enough ahead of your production date, though.

Remember, his GM specifically said no way! Sleazy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the support from most dealers for Euro delivery is kind of lukewarm. My understanding is that A5/S5 Euro delivery is definitely available, but that no discount is available. I pressed my dealer on that yesterday, and he is adamant that this is current Audi policy, not the dealer refusing to honor it. I also left a message with North American Audi yesterday, but haven't heard back.

If anyone hears differently about the discount, please let me know. I'd love to do Euro delivery if they give me a little incentive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today I confirmed again the 5% off MSRP with ED is available on A5/S5. The person I spoke with at Audi NA even offered to call my Sales Person to inform them of this.

My dealership tried to contact me today but I didn't receive the message till this evening. Not bad considering they tried calling me no more then an hour after talking to Audi NA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was talking to my sales person, turns out Audi NA did call him to inform him that the ED is available on the A5, but he can't do it regardless. He told me since the markup from invoice is 6% they can't offer a 5% off MSRP on a car that is high in demand and slow in production.

I tried...

·
Registered
59 Posts
That sucks. May want to try another dealer if Audi NA stated the 5% offer is available as you stated.

This is how I understand it....

1. All European Delivery (ED) orders are handled differently than regular orders. For instance if a dealer is slotted to receive 10 S5's for the year, and one person orders Euro Delivery, than Audi is supposed to up the total number of S5's allocated to that dealership to 11.

2. Audi gives the dealership extra money (or incentives) for orders that were placed for Euro delivery.

These two factors offset the 'lost revenue' dealerships claim they will have by giving you a 5% discount. #1 gives them revenue on 11 S5's orders instead of 10, even though the 11th order gets less revenue because of the discount. #2 gives them even extra money for facilitating the ED order.

I placed my S5 order with ED months ago, at the time they mentioned the 5% would be given, and I'm pretty sure I have paper work stating that. But, all this is going to make me give it another lookover.

Bottom Line: Someone should give you a 5% discount AND dealerships need to get their act together on ED. Other competitors (BMW, Merc) offer much bigger discounts and as I've heard a much better understanding of what their Company offers when it comes to ED.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A dealer in Oxnard, CA is claiming that only a 3% discount is available, and when I mentioned Audi USA's website claiming 5%, they caved in.

BUT...

Then they said that I would need to fork over 19% for VAT, which AUDI required, and would be refunded once the can gets back to the US. WHAT?

·
Registered
223 Posts
My understanding is that there is a flat 5% discount, but that it is split evenly between Audi and the dealer. Audi gives 2.5% and the dealer provides the other 2.5%. I can see why the dealer wanted to claim it was less than 5%, so they could keep most of their portion. They were hoping you were uniformed.

Yes, Audi requires a deposit to cover the VAT. It is refunded when the car is picked up stateside. I've seen that some dealers don't even cash the check, but just return it at delivery. You could check and see if your dealer is willing to do that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your dealer is misinformed, at best, or crooked, at worst. I bought an S5 last year from an Audi/VW dealer where I have bought three other cars over the last five years. The sales guy I use there is very savvy, and at first wasn't very sophisticated about the process, but informed himself and did very well. The program is well supported by Audi. You save 5% off the MSRP, but you can negotiate the price of the car with the dealer, and then they take off 5% of that. And off all options. Then, you pay for the car, take delivery in Ingolstadt (the tours of the museum and the factory are superb, not to be missed). When you're done touring, you drop it off in an approved location, and they ship it for you. The dealer gets the same credit for selling the car as he would if he had the thing on his lot. Shipping, customs, and 14 day's insurance are part of the price, as are the tours, meals in the cafeteria (superb) at the delivery center, and a night's stay in a 4-star hotel the night before your pick-up. If your dealer doesn't play ball, use another. There are a lot of hungry Audi dealers in distressed pockets around the country.

·
Registered
51 Posts
And if anyone's interested, I have the direct contact info for the guy who oversees the US part of the delivery process. You can contact him and back-door the dealer of your choice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.