Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All,

I have a Parking Break malfunction error and icon on my dash but I don't know why its doing it... I hear and see the electric parking break engage and shut off just like I am supposed to.. I checked the fuse panels and no blown fuses..

The Parking Break system error stays on but the break works fine..

I also just recently got a ESP Malfunction message.. However, I was reading in the manual that when you disconnect the battery the system has to relearn itself.. I did disconnect the battery.. I only drove 1 mile so far though but maybe it takes more than that for the system to relearn?? Anybody have prior experience with this?

I hooked into VAGCOM and tried to clear the DTC messages but it rescans automatically and I can't seem to clear the code.. Has anybody else noticed that when you do a full scan in the Vagcom system there are a lot of "faults" in the the various modules even if the car is perfect?

:wall:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Quit taking your car apart and you won't get these error messages! You've obviously broken something. j/k :p Good luck figuring out what the deal is. Hopefully it's just something minor.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that when you do a full scan in the Vagcom system there are a lot of "faults" in the the various modules even if the car is perfect?
Scanned mine a few times and a couple of others and there has hardly been any faults. Usually just one, maybe two.

Wasnt there a TSB on the ESP warning light? Or I may be thinking about the A3. Anyway, take it to the dealer and get them to fix it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... Yeah.. I did a search on parking brake and others have had an issue with the light coming on.

I'm kinda wondering if my two errors are related.. Maybe a problem with the parking brake/ error message also is involved with the fact that I'm getting a ESP malfunction when VagCom gets to that module in the scan...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, when turn off the S5, engage the parking break, get out, and lock the doors, the parking break indicator on the dash and the parking brake light remain lit..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That's normal. It eventually goes off after a certain amount of time, though. And then when you unlock the car (or simply open the door if it's already unlocked), that light will come on again.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's normal. It eventually goes off after a certain amount of time, though. And then when you unlock the car (or simply open the door if it's already unlocked), that light will come on again.
Hmm.. I'll go outside to check it and see if its off.. If it isn't, I'll know more about the problem..

Might have to take it in to Audi to see what the deal is... :music-smiley-019:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, it is turned off so that is good.. Maybe the error just needs to be reset.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that when you do a full scan in the Vagcom system there are a lot of "faults" in the the various modules even if the car is perfect?
I sometimes have this one: (never had another fault come up)

01-Engine -- Status: Sporadic communication error 1000
and it comes together with
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: Malfunction 0010

it only shows the detail for 19-CAN Gateway, nothing shows up for 01-Engine
01314 - Engine Control Module
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 66

haven't noticed anything wrong so far.

when you do a full VAG-COM scan, it will disable the ESP for a sec, giving some error telling you to check the owners manual.
But you probably knew that already.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sometimes have this one: (never had another fault come up)

01-Engine -- Status: Sporadic communication error 1000
and it comes together with
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: Malfunction 0010

it only shows the detail for 19-CAN Gateway, nothing shows up for 01-Engine
01314 - Engine Control Module
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 66

haven't noticed anything wrong so far.

when you do a full VAG-COM scan, it will disable the ESP for a sec, giving some error telling you to check the owners manual.
But you probably knew that already.
LOL... Actually I forgot about the ESP error or I never knew it did that so thank you sir! I was a little worried about that one.. Hey, a guy can't know everything! :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I dont get that error on the log when I have done scans. Although the error warning does appear on the DIS as it runs through the scan.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont get that error on the log when I have done scans. Although the error warning does appear on the DIS as it runs through the scan.
It clear comes with with a "ESP Malfunction: Consult the owners manual" error you do the full scan in VagCom.. ESP works fine but the error still comes up..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts