Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to work this morning and the EPC light came on. The car will not accelerate over 30 MPH. The Tachometer when it hits 3500 rmp the engine shakes and sputters. The car is at the Audi dealer now. Has this happened to anyone else? what was the issue? :wall:

·
Registered
48 Posts
there's no huge thing to worry about, pretty much any modern german car will do that, it goes into limp mode to protect itself.

sometimes you can turn it off and back on a few times and that will reset it or disconnecting/connecting battery.

epc light came on mostlikely due to an abs sensor malfunction/dsc sensors, could be as simple as something hitting a wire while driving on the road, to pinpoint just need an error code/codes.

but since you already have it at the dealer...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I found this in search: still awaiting from Audi on my car!

EPC Light comes on at 4000 rpm - clears on restart

The DTC code is as follows:

00135 P0087 fuel rail/system pressure too low

Possible causes

• - Fuel pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
  • - Fuel pressure sensor electrical circuit poor connection
  • - Faulty fuel pump
  • - Blocked fuel filter
  • - Fuel line restricted
  • - Faulty fuel pressure regulator
  • - Faulty fuel pressure sensor

• Helpful
Reactions: audia5admin

·
Registered
165 Posts
"there's no huge thing to worry about, pretty much any modern german car will do that, it goes into limp mode to protect itself."

All computer controlled automobiles have the same function. German or otherwise.

As others have said, the computer has detected something that could possibly damage the engine and therefore has put the engine into a safe mode. The problem could be triggered by a fault signal from a from a detector, of which the engine has many, or the need of a software update. Therefore only the error code will tell you specifically what triggered the "limp home" mode.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Audi just called they are sending someone to pick me up and give me a loaner car as they think they will have the car for a few days. they suspect something in the fuel line or system.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This happened to me a year ago in my S5. I drove down a long dirt driveway and it came on when I actually reached the pavement. I had to drive 25 miles with the light on and eventually restarted the car and the EPC went away.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps illuminating.

Good Luck

Anyone have VAG COM in Bay Area... I need to get rid of my 'winking' Please.

Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem solved they replaced the High and Low pressure sensors! :running:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an Audi A5 2.0 Model 2010
The car slows down + EPC light on + Check engine light blinking + white smoke.
They cleaned the injectors and changed on coil; the car worked normally.
It did again, cleaned the injectors again. After one month, had same problem. On top of top, the car is not starting smoothly. It went off before doing again same error (epc+check engine light+ white smoke)
Pls help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Audi A5 Cab (2015 TFSI 2 litre Model) - EPC Light - 17,000 miles

Two weeks ago EPC light came up on dash as a steady amber light. Telephoned road side assistance. Upon there arrival, a diagnostic laptop was plugged in and within half an hour it identified 'High pressure within cylinder 4.
Road side assistance took car to local dealership and within a couple of days the car was returned having all its spark plugs replaced and the coil pack.
Today the same problem occurred and again roadside recovery called out. Their diagnostic laptop identified build up of pressure in cylinder 4 with no sign of misfire. Now the car has gone back to the dealership again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Audi A5 2.0 Model 2010
The car slows down + EPC light on + Check engine light blinking + white smoke.
They cleaned the injectors and changed on coil; the car worked normally.
It did again, cleaned the injectors again. After one month, had same problem. On top of top, the car is not starting smoothly. It went off before doing again same error (epc+check engine light+ white smoke)
Pls help
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM... what is the problem ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
EPC warning light came on yesterday with car vibrating/shaking from the way the engine was running. Engine was thumping or shuddering and I could not go very fast. Limped it to my shop. They called and number 4 cylinder coil having issue. Mileage at 58K. Repairs/fix = $260.00

·
Registered
1 Posts
EPC warning light came on yesterday with car vibrating/shaking from the way the engine was running. Engine was thumping or shuddering and I could not go very fast. Limped it to my shop. They called and number 4 cylinder coil having issue. Mileage at 58K. Repairs/fix = $260.00
Where did you go to get that done? Please text me or call 9163894786!! Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happened to me to took the manifold off along with the turbo and turns out my o rings on my pistons are going out and I lost o ring one on piston one and the rest are following now im think I need a rebuild and new o rings to fix the problem hopefully no new ones come along the process

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happened to me to took the manifold off along with the turbo and turns out my o rings on my pistons are going out and I lost o ring one on piston one and the rest are following now im think I need a rebuild and new o rings to fix the problem hopefully no new ones come along the process

·
Registered
1 Posts
I followed another online advice and it worked saving me £££ EPC illuminated on my dash . I followed the following advice turned my A5 2013 reg TFSI SE.
Turned off . Then turned back on again and floored the excelorator and it cleared . Felt like there was some sort of blockage in the fuel line as the engine shuddered and so did the rpm and then seemed to clear and redlined. Worked for me and hope it helps someone else as it saved me my driving holliday to Italy ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts