Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the Entertainment Suppression feature does in the audio setup menu? I have the B&O and it's the very last option on the list...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Anybody know what the Entertainment Suppression feature does in the audio setup menu? I have the B&O and it's the very last option on the list...

Thanks.
Never heard - what does the manual say?

·
Registered
415 Posts

Thanks.
I've got an A5 with B&O and I haven't seen that. I don't feel like there's anything in the menus I haven't uncovered yet, but I could be wrong.

Can you tell us exactly how you get to that option on your car? I want to be able to easily follow the same path through the screens.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
jonathangili: Has your car been in for MMI upgrades? What does the MMI version information say (click CAR and then VERSION on screen if I remember correctly...)? I wonder if this is some new setting added after printing the manual.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From My info Screen...

HW: H10
SW: 0050

Car has not gone in for it's 5K service yet...no updates yet.

From any of the audio source main screens, SAT/FM/AM/CD, Select the lower right button for SOUND.

Scroll to the bottom of the list, PAST DSP PREMIUM, to VOLUME SETTINGS. Select it.

Entertainment Suppr. appears as a sub menu. Select that. It alters the volume obviously...but doesn't appear to change how the radio functions, like when you start the car if you wanted the radio softer...

:confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
my dealer told me it was the way to reduce the ringer volume when you have a cell connected via bluetooth.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I suspect that this is the setting to reduce the stereo volume when parking sensors etc are activated. On my car it's called IN-CAR ENTERTAINMENT FADER and is a volume dial control. It seems to be in the same location as the control you're referring to.

I documented all the settings on my car over in this post:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/mmi-and-ais-2717/index.html?t=2717

·
Registered
341 Posts
I thought Entertainment Suppression is something the wife did :)
...especially when traveling over 90 MPH.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
From any of the audio source main screens, SAT/FM/AM/CD, Select the lower right button for SOUND.

Scroll to the bottom of the list, PAST DSP PREMIUM, to VOLUME SETTINGS. Select it.

Entertainment Suppr. appears as a sub menu.
I definitely do not have that as a submenu option. See below pic and tell me what's different about yours.

Do you have my same submenu options listed in addition to the "Entertainment Suppr." option?

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
For the record, my menu looks exactly like TX's. Our MMI version (3010) is known to be the same, so that explains the similarity.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Does jonathangili have the navi/full MMI or a radio Symphony or Concert instead (judging from screen size/resolution) - like TuffLittleUnit. At least his version information does not look like MMI version, but maybe a radio revision? Maybe this Entertainment Suppression / In-car entertainment fade are the same thing (maybe a version / U.S. vs. U.K. language texts difference in language) and appear only on the radios, not the full/real MMI that comes with the navi?

On the MMI, Audio during Route Guidance, Telephony volume etc. may be doing effectively the same thing though?

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's a very good point...something we need to clear up. I thought the version number sounded strange, but didn't know what to make of it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Obviously, then, these volume settings screens are different for cars with a radio (Symphony/Concert) and those with the full MMI setup that comes only with navi.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I do not have NAv...just the B&O system.

I have never seen the screen you posted. :-(
Just to clarify, the screen shot I posted shows what appears after selecting Volume Settings.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just took out my owner's FOLDER...

It says... SOUND SYSTEM AUDI SYMPHONY.

I do have the B&O speakers though...

NOTE: I think I have found the solution to the other Thread: how to prevent the radio from turning on when you start the car.

On pg. 9 of the audio manual it says: MANUAL OPERATION. -TO TURN THE RADIO OFF, PRESS THE OFF/ON KNOB UNTIL THE RADIO SWITCHES OFF.

Now this turns off the screen basically, but brings up the AUDI rings and Infotainment logo. The buttons do not work accept for the off/on knob. Press it once again to turn the system back on.

I didn't try it with the bluetooth connected yet. I will try later.

NOTE: Also looking furher into my manual , it says the Entertainment suppression is the adjustment for the volume of any active audio source while the audi parking system is active. :-( My car is not equipped with that.... SO why do I have that feature?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.