Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just wndering how much longer it takes JEFF S to write any comments given that every word starts with a capital letter - lol :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
The writing is small to make toothdoctor happy-preliminary reports are the "plastic part" in front of the passenger firewall (in the engine bay)was not locked down and it might have been causing the knock. I am going down to the dealership tomorrow to pick her up and find out what's what.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Audi is funny like that...With my BMW I was always given a BMW courtesy car...With audi it seems that only if you service it at the dealer you bought it from will the give you an audi.

Due to the a5s limited supply i got mine in Whitby and aside from the poor salesmanship not a convenient spot for me....

They were not even able to tell me what is wrong with the engine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
hey Omega, is it a black Hummer from Enterprise that Queensway gave you? I had the same one and just returned it Nov 12 after picking up my car from there for routine service. Audi policy is to provide an AUDI loaner only if you bought from the same dealer, else you are on your own. They provided me the hummer cause they messed up the firmware upgrade on my A5 and toasted by ECU module so had to wait for a replacement one from Germany.
Sorry to hear about your motor, I think that makes at least 5 * A5s in Canada that we have heard of with engine replacements - got us all nervous now.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Car Is In-i'm In An 09 A4 While They Diagnose. They Plan On Letting Me Know Today What The Story Is. They Believe Something Is Loose Underneath. I Waited While They Put Him Up On The Lift To Make Sure They Don't Tell Me I Hit Something (because I Did Not). They Found Nothing. They Have Not Heard Of "any" Engine Replacements To Date. I Informed Them To Stop Talking Like A Dumb Used Car Salesman. I Am Aware Of The Isolated Issues Which You Don't Want To Fess Up To. Bottomline "fix My Damn Car". I Feel Like I Just Bit Into A Sour Apple.
Do you have to capitalize every word. It must be hard to type but its even harder to read :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Update....

My car is still in for service...The new engine that was put in has issues and I am waiting on parts from Germany.....Going into my third week.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Got her back....So happy....Bad situation but its over.....That car is so nice....Have an S5 on order and cant decide if I want to make the switch...Thanks for all the support...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Audi is funny like that...With my BMW I was always given a BMW courtesy car...With audi it seems that only if you service it at the dealer you bought it from will the give you an audi.

Due to the a5s limited supply i got mine in Whitby and aside from the poor salesmanship not a convenient spot for me....

They were not even able to tell me what is wrong with the engine.
Negative...they tried to give me a cobalt when I took in the A5 to have its engine replaced because of a knock. Finally walked out with a Cadillac CTS after bitching to the guy at Enterprise. Tried to give me an Audi on day two but since I cleaned the disgustingly dirty CTS out...I refused it. Same dealership we bought it from.

Knock was due to "something loose" as they said. They also said that they haven't heard of Audi having this problem anywhere either. Week later now...new engine...they test drive it and call me to let me know they are going to need it another day since the overhead cam was leaking...

I am just looking forward to all the problems...:(:eek::(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all well we picked up our car yesterday 13th December after the engine replacement the old old one only had 2000 miles on it and its a 2009 A5 s-line White.But thats not all there was oil splashes over the hood so they had to swap the hood with another White car they had in the showroom how's that for a brand new car.But it sure is nice to have her back, lets hope this engine has more than 2000 miles in it.???????

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hi all well we picked up our car yesterday 13th December after the engine replacement the old old one only had 2000 miles on it and its a 2009 A5 s-line White.But thats not all there was oil splashes over the hood so they had to swap the hood with another White car they had in the showroom how's that for a brand new car.But it sure is nice to have her back, lets hope this engine has more than 2000 miles in it.???????
Is anyone else confused by James's post... I would be livid if someone even thought about swapping my hood/bonnet/trunk just because of an oil splash???:confused::confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is anyone else confused by James's post... I would be livid if someone even thought about swapping my hood/bonnet/trunk just because of an oil splash???:confused::confused:
Really James and I are both livid over the entire situation. After they replaced the engine they realized that the overhead cam was leaking while doing the test drive. Which is what we both think the oil stains were from on the hood. Dealer claims that the stains were caused from the lighting in the workshop..???..and basically called us liars by changing the story on the overhead cam...instead it was an O-ring they were waiting on to arrive causing the hold up on the car.

Had I not stopped by there and seen the stain on the hood they would have probably switched the hoods with out us knowing about it so that the whole O-ring story would hold up and we would not have our doubts about the engine.

They are trying to make us feel more comfortable about the entire thing and hopefully they will keep their word by offering an extended warranty that we agreed to before leaving. We'll keep you posted on the outcome.:cool:

·
Registered
871 Posts
So are you saying that the new engine was leaking oil ? :confused:
Was the oil stain on the top of the bonnet (hood) or the underside ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
So are you saying that the new engine was leaking oil ? :confused:
Was the oil stain on the top of the bonnet (hood) or the underside ?
If an overhead cam is leaking then I suppose that it is oil and that is where the splatter came from. Where else could it possibly have come from? Stain was on the topside of the hood and leading right from the grill and up towards the windsheild.

We had our warning light come on last night around 8pm. As of right now...it is back to the shop because it wasn't even registering oil levels on the electronic reading inside the car. We tried to check the oil levels by dipstick but there wasn't even one there but instead a black plug. So a tow truck had to take it to the dealer right around 9:30pm.

Im no mechanic or anything but it seems that there could only be three things wrong at this point...1. they didn't put enough oil in it and made sure it ran through the system before giving us the car back. 2. the sensor is now not registering correctly. 3. possible leaking from the engine.

Unfortunately, I just dont even feel the same about the car anymore. It is a beautiful car but now it seems that this will be the first of many problems. My husband is down there now so I will keep you posted with the outcome.

A question for you all...do you have a dipstick to check the oil levels incase the electronic bit fouls up?

·
Registered
528 Posts
sorry to hear about your fiasco.

But personally i wouldn't let them replace the hood. I mean how is the color, it'll never be dead on. Thats inexcusable for a car of such a caliber.

Put it this way, if you had a lambo and the dealer decided to change engine covers. Would this be acceptable in any way?

·
Registered
89 Posts
sam

I have had my petrol 3.2 quattro for 6 months and so far have had no problems with the engine or the car. Don't like the noise of the old D engines when you have the windows down or when the car is sitting parked with the engine running.

There's another Spanish A5 3.2FSI that had the same problem some months ago...

They replaced the engine without any problem under warranty, so it seems to be a known problem with some of those engines...

It looks as well that once replaced the engine, the new one has never problems again...
So, you are quite lucky to have had this problem under warranty period, because imagine it happening just after warranty period finishes...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.