Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sadly to say it was me....

This is the third car i have heard of over here with an engine swap.

I mean i love the car, but jeez a new engine already....doesn't leave me with a good taste in my mouth you know

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah Jeff be sure to do this.

I just went casually to a dealer by work, just to get this "noise" checked out didn't really expect anything big.

Since i wasn't at my "home" dealer the manager had no problem doing the work there, just thought i would be more comfortable at my home dealer.

Contacted them, and they sent out a flat bed to pick up the car. Driving the car under those conditions could damage other parts, i was told by the dealer.

·
Registered
528 Posts
In my case the mechanic was in touch with the big wigs at Audi Canada to see what to do.

And they simply advised replace the engine. It wasn't as bad as expected was in the shop for like 5 days.

Drove an old body A4 man that car is small

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hey Jeff,

If it is the same issue as "some" cars had, and the dealer doesn't seem to help.

Sometimes it might help going over there head. Call Audi North America, tell them what is wrong. Or have this "problem" looked at, by another dealer.

If indeed it is the same issue, the other dealer will pick up on this real fast, well at least the first one i went to did.

Need any help let me know.

·
Registered
528 Posts
ouch thats not good....make sure Audi is taking care of you every step of the way...in terms of courtesy cars, perhaps lease payments etc. depending how long its been gone

·
Registered
528 Posts
sorry to hear about your fiasco.

But personally i wouldn't let them replace the hood. I mean how is the color, it'll never be dead on. Thats inexcusable for a car of such a caliber.

Put it this way, if you had a lambo and the dealer decided to change engine covers. Would this be acceptable in any way?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.