Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Engine??

Ahhh Or Should I Say Ugggh!
My 09 A5 2 Weeks Old With 2,000 Miles (i Live In S.florida But Purchased And Drove It Home From New York-saved About $4,000) Drove Flawless And Quiet And Fast The Whole Way. This Week I Noticed A Tapping Which Seems To Be Getting Louder And Seems To Sound More And More Like A ""knocking"".. I Planned On Taking Her In Next Week, But After Reading This She Will Go In Tomorrow. That's A Sick Thought For A Brand New Car Of This Caliber. My 2008 Cayenne S Has Over 20,000 Miles And I Have Replaced The Oil Once As Recommended By Porsche. Porsche May Need To Devote Some Of Their Improvements To Audi. Will Let You Know The Results. I Wonder, Even Though It Should Have No Bearing, If The Break In Period Has Anything To Do With This.
Jeff

·
Registered
54 Posts
Car Is In-i'm In An 09 A4 While They Diagnose. They Plan On Letting Me Know Today What The Story Is. They Believe Something Is Loose Underneath. I Waited While They Put Him Up On The Lift To Make Sure They Don't Tell Me I Hit Something (because I Did Not). They Found Nothing. They Have Not Heard Of "any" Engine Replacements To Date. I Informed Them To Stop Talking Like A Dumb Used Car Salesman. I Am Aware Of The Isolated Issues Which You Don't Want To Fess Up To. Bottomline "fix My Damn Car". I Feel Like I Just Bit Into A Sour Apple.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shane-

Just Ended The Lease On My 06 Expedition Limited. Flawless Engine For 36,000 Miles. Car Saw The Dealer For 2 Oil Changes And 1 New Computer For The Transmission (a Very Common Problem For Fords) Warranty. My Business Has 4 For Explorers (all 2002's) And All Of Them Have Had The Sametransmission Issues. Other Then That They Have Been Perfect 6 Cylinder Cars. They Have Between 80 To 120,000 Miles On Them.
And Yes Am Aware That These Things Happen But As I Said Previously (a Battery, A Starter, An Alternator Or An Adjustment) But An Engine On A Car Like This?? I Guess S--t Happens

·
Registered
54 Posts
Called Audi Before Heading To Dealership.
My Reasoning For This Was Two Fold.
1)i Didn't Buy The Car From This Dealer In Florida Because They Were Charging Stupid #$'s For The Car And They Would Not Bend So They May Want To Jerk Me Around In Service.

2)told Audi Of North America To """see #1"" (didn't Buy Th-----)
Also Let Them Know I Have One Of There Parent Cars In My Cayenne S (which They Really Didn;t Care About)

Bottomline We'll See Later-they Claim They Will Be In Touch With The Dealer

·
Registered
54 Posts
THAT'S WHY I SELL TEETH AND YOU PUT EM IN- I WRITE BIG----SUE ME----MOST OF THE DENTISTS I SUPPLY NEED GLASSES IF I TYPE IN SMALL LETTERS-IS IT AUDI OR audi. BMW OR bmw. LOL. BOTTOMLINE-I HAVE A SICK CAR

·
Registered
54 Posts
The writing is small to make toothdoctor happy-preliminary reports are the "plastic part" in front of the passenger firewall (in the engine bay)was not locked down and it might have been causing the knock. I am going down to the dealership tomorrow to pick her up and find out what's what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.