Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First lets start from beginning, bought my S5 in March 08 from Huddersfield Audi dealer. Few months gone I started to notice strange noise coming from under bonnet so I decided to take it back to the garage where I bought it from for a check up and they come with a answer that its nothing serious and the noise its created by one of the air valves which is realising exes of air so i tuck they word for it.

But as time went on car picks some more problems such as keyless entry and speaker problem and car was using slightly more oil (at 9k av used about 12L of oil)and I started to fill that some power has gone so I decided to take it back to the garage for second time and that was in 11 Dec 08 so at same time they up dated soft where and this time they said that engine noise is unusual and they decided to send question to Audi UK, and in mean time they told me they gonna get in touch with me when sensor comes so I can bring the car in.

As am awaiting call now from Audi and we are well into Jan 09 still no call from them I decided to call them to see whats happening and they tell me parts in and they give me slot to bring car on 18 Feb so I did, so they managed to repair speaker and keyless entry sensor after 3 attempts with them ordering wrong part few times, but answer for engine noise which came from Audi UK apparently wasn't good news and they get instructed to go into cylinder head and this is where pain starts to kick in because car is all ready in second week of being in garage, and reason for that was because they needed a scope to get into one of this cylinder heads and scope costs £2000 which Audi Huddersfield isn't prepared to spend money so Audi UK and Audi Hudd are in dispute now who is going to spend money on the tool.

By now another week has gone past and finally they maneged to get scope and as instructed by Audi UK they get into cylinder head and they find out that few of cylinders are scared and they send pictures and noise to Audi UK to decide what to do next and today on 17 Mar they get instruction to replace full engine and the engine of mine to be sent back to Germany for further examination which probably ill newer know what cosed engine to get scared!

And to be honest with all you guys that experience with Audi service has put me off buying another Audi ever again and I am hard core Audi fan, and am disappointment with Audis V8 engine which they say its best V8 in world!:thumbsdown:

Sorry for any spelling mistakes English is not my first language and av tried my best to share my experience with you guys!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I think most of the engine replacements we've seen have been on the 3.2litre engine.

I think I'd be well pissed off by now, so pissed off I'd be intending on either asking for my money back or I'd start legal proceedings against them. It's not the type of service you'd expect from any Audi dealership.

Also to add, I think Audi UK themselves, along with dealerships who deserve to be on a "shamed list", are just as bad as each other. Audi UK DO NOT entertain any complaints you give them about dealer service. Their response is normally "we'll forward your opinion that onto the dealer", and they offer no recourse. They claim that their control over franchised dealerships is minimal.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Every car brand has its bad days...
Don't even make me share my 2001 E46 M3 engine story. :wall:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm right there with you. I had a 2006 BMW 530i. Less than 2,000 miles - new engine. Car was at the dealership for almost three months.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It always sucks to have to bring it to the dealership, but at least it was under warranty and you are getting a fresh engine after a year of use. Be glad that the problem surfaced early and that they took care of it. It would really be bad if that happened at 50000.1 miles... Not only do they not diagnose it for free, but they would have charged several thousands for the replacement.

Audi dealerships are poor, unless you own an A4 (at least here in the states). The volume of A4s they deal with lets the technicians gain competence fast and they can be counted on to repair your problem. However, with my S5, you would think they have never worked on a car before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys you want believe this, I just received call from Audi Hudd to tell me that they don't have any V8 s5 engines in UK so its going to take up to 2 weeks before they can get engine from Germany :wall:, and they are gonna put me in performance courtesy car till mine is ready because Q7 isn't similar to mine but what they said it isn't going to be s5 so at least i hope its rs4 i get.

How disappointing all this and not only that, its coming from company with well established name that built they reputation on quality service and reliability but so far I haven't experienced any of that apart from disappointment's, so am just wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions for complaint what should I do or ask fore!

·
Registered
31 Posts
the quality control in Audi has def. slipped over the years. i too am an avid Audi fan but am loosing faith quickly ..they should have never rolled the S5 off the prod. line w. all the bullshit problems they have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am from Hong Kong, and samething happened to my engine after 3 months of ownership.

Here is my timeline:

Early Sep: Picked up Car.

Mid Dec: Ticking sound became noticeable.

Late Jan: brought my car in to the dealership, booked a new time slot as they needed 2 days to further examine the car.

Early Feb: Send the car in as schedule

One week later: I had to call them and ask what's going on. They told me they needed 3 weeks for the spare parts to arrive. I insisted to have my car back. I mentioned to the dealership about the problems people here in A5OC are experiencing with their 3.2 engine, and that it may require an engine replacement.

1 month later, I had to called them up fmyself or an update, and they told me the part would arrive in a few days and I can bring my car in then.

5 days after I brought in my car, I had to call them up again for an update and was told that they needed another week. Another week went by, and I had to call them up myself again and was told that they needed to order some other parts, AGAIN! They told me it will only take a week this time, but i didn't believe them and took my car back.

3 weeks later (last week), I called the dealership for update and they told me that the parts has arrived, but the tools required for this procedure has yet to arrive...WTF????

I have already warn them that I will be extremely unhappy if this ends up an engine replacement (which means another 1 month wait) as I have predicted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts