Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2022 RS5 1000 miles on it, I have no idea if this is something that happenes or if this is an issue? If I’m driving a steady 30 and pull onto a motorway and speed up to 70/80 by putting my foot down (probably a bit heavier then usual) the car has a slight kangarooing to it, almost like a long gear change, or a small break squeeze or like a turbo is trying to kick in because I’m asking to much power from the engine? Sort of like it might be skipping revs or something? It isn’t the gear change I’ve watched the gears and it happened 4/5 times between gear changes.
Starting to get really annoying, even happens sometimes if I pull off of a roundabout to fast…

anyone have any idea? Or experienced this with they’re RS5?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not really kangarooing but I do have what seems to be a delay of a couple of seconds when I put my foot down before the acceleration kicks in. (RS5 late-2020)
As JohnS4 suggests, I'd take it back to the dealer to resolve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a 2011 RS5 that had the similar delay in pull away that I think you are talking about Davo, this isn’t a delay as such it’s almost like the car it restricting it’s self from just going flat out and gives me power in small bursts, I wasn’t sure if it was how the boost in the new models work but I think I’ll take it in and ask them. See what they say and get back on here and let you know in case anyone comes across it in future

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the 2021 SB and nothing like this at all. If like you say it's kangarooing that is clearly not right, and the power distribution under acceleration should remain silky smooth, so I'd be straight back to dealer with it going wtf. Hope you get sorted mate 🤞

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Based on your description I'd expect the turbos to be producing some level of boost but for some reason the ECU can't control it properly so actual boost is oscillating around the demand point. I'm not familiar with the B9 biturbo but I know the B5 biturbo and read about the B9 single (twin scroll) turbo and it looks like Audi is still using pneumatic air circulation control. There are many sensor issues and/or air/vacuum leak problems that can cause what you describe. The others are all correct - this is a real problem that you should get Audi to resolve.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Steve you have forked out serious dosh and this is totally NOT acceptable mate so back to the stupid dealer PRONTO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts