Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest, can you apply the electronic handbrake whilst driving?

Not that I'm a lunatic who likes to apply the handbrake whilst driving, but having grown up with the ability to tweak the hand brake manually, so helping the rear of the car break traction, can this still be done?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Darn it... I just KNOW this was talked about some time back, but I can't find the posts... where's TX when you need him!

Personally, I doubt it... will know tomorrow! My A6 wouldn't even let you left foot brake... it would cut the engine power for about two seconds if you pressed the brake and the accelerator together. I found it a bit of a nuisance because I couldn't heel and toe down the box for fast, smooth changes under braking and there's a few corners round my way that have rises and adverse camber on the approaches where a dab of left foot brake would just set the car up nicely. Of course I'm harking back to my Alfa days... that Execu-barge A6 just couldn't be set up nicely any how!!

Will let you know in 24 hours!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys... should have searched for this before hand, now knowing the forum and the members...

That's a shame, but I suppose it's all in the name of SAFETY!!!!! Why on earth would anyone want to handbrake turn? Well that was the emergency stop procedure I thought?

Yes... I too noticed the inability to heel and toe or left foot brake on Audi product (is the RS4 the same?), surely this can be programmed out of the ECU.

Oh well, lift off oversteer it is then, although that will make Blues Brothers style parking a little difficult!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts