Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Energy management is active. That is causing a ton of errors that may not be errors. You need to resolve that.
I see component protection is also active on J519 central electronics module. Was this replaced?
No, nothing replaced as yet...thought i'd pin down what needs replacing if possible rather than potentially muddying the waters by randomly changing things in the hope it fixes it :)
Is the 519 module the one in the boot cubby by any chance?
edit I coded the battery which seems to have resolved the power management logs - see scan above

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Aaaaaaand it’s working 😂😂🤷🏻
Lights are functioning on the switch, no lights on buzzer on auto when I open the door, and the wipers are wiping again. Still no DRL’s on coming home function but I’ll check the setup and go from there. Guess the battery needed coding after all! 🤷🏻😂
Really appreciate all that took the time to reply anyway 👍🏼😊

· Registered
1,830 Posts
If the old battery is really low then the BEM will go into extreme energy management mode trying to keep the electrics alive and charge the battery. If you change the battery without coding then the BEM won't know and might overcharge the new battery which can damage it.

Reactions: plat27265

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Well said Dippy and all the rest of the A5 gang!!! When reading all of the posts my mind was on the car battery simply because it seems to be able to throw up sooooooo may seemingly serious problems one can take alot of time trying to solve each problem when in fact the 12V battery is simply on its way out and or not correctly coded to the car. BUT we all like a happy ending hahaha Simon

21 - 24 of 24 Posts