Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is that electric sunblind any good? Does anybody have it? Pics from it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was wondering is that electric sunblind any good? Does anybody have it? Pics from it?
From my opinion its just one more button on your dash. Thats why I ordered it:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In what place is the button located if ordered?

·
Registered
198 Posts
No need for the sunblind in grey old UK:(

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was just about to start a thread so as to fit my ignorance regarding a couple of back shield sunblind issues and then saw there was already one open so let me take it a little further.
Any one knows if the sunblind's colour matches the interior colour (particularly that of the headlining) or is it standard regardless of it. I opted for it in my order and also went for light grey interior so I was wondering if it is going to be something of a light grey (or star silver as Audi calls it) hue or dark grey giving the back shield short of tint. Any input would be much appreciated. TQ in advance.

Regards
George

·
Registered
714 Posts
My guess is it will be standard black but this is a guess. I say so because my current A3 has a light grey interior and headliner. The shades on the Open Sky system (panoramic sunroof) I have are also light grey to match the interior but the rear sun screen is just black i.e. Audi haven't bothered to match the rear screen to either the interior or the other sun screens in the car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanx TLU,
That's my guess too. To be frank I am a little concerned about it being light grey as I have the feeling that despite it attracting less heat it would look a bit akward when fully developed and would ruin the 'tinted' look of the rear screen from the outside. I believe audi's approach differs in the roof's sun blind case you mentioned for there you already have a tinted glass to back it with, plus the headlining would look short of inelegantly interrupted with a black blind to go with a bright colour. Well I guess I am just thinking out loud here... I will let you lads Know once mine is delivered although I believe I will then be too busy driving the thing to observe such details!:)

George

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi TxCay, I noticed you have the driver assist, how do you find the driving with the difference settings? Does it make any difference?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts