Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my A5 today.
To get to my home I have a 1.5 mile narrow road to negotiate - just wide enough for two cars to pass. There are always broken mirrors scattered around. In my last car, as I approach this stretch of road I just electrically fold in my mirrors. On this car, they fold in fine when stationary, but will not fold in when I am on the move.
Am I doing something wrong? has anyone else got the same issue? I can't find any comment about this in the owners manual.
Any help appreciated
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
186 Posts
oh crap.. for real? only from a stand still? my previous cars with electronically folding mirrors were all able to fold while the car was on the move.

i hope you're just doing something wrong.

sometimes I wish all this safety thinking would all just go away...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same as you - All my previous cars have folded in when on the move - but not this one....Yet...........
I've not yet found what I am doing wrong, but if I can't solve it today, and don't get any solutions from you guys - I will ask the dealer tomorrow - see what they know!

·
Registered
6 Posts
On our A4 it's only possible to fold the mirrors when stationary. Also when you park you have to manually fold in the mirrors. Is it automatic on the A5?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ian,don't think you're doing anything wrong,tried on my A5 today,they will only fold in electrically when stationary,just another "audi glitch" I'm sure theres more to come.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks MattG and Audilad for your input. A bit of niggle for me this, because I use this "fold in" function on this bit of raod, daily. Oh well! Good job I am so "over the moon" with the rest of the car (up to now)

MattG - To answer your question - on the A5 you can set the mirrors to either electrically fold in manually, or you can set them to fold in automatically every time you park (switch your engine off). You just set your requirement in the MMI "Car" settings.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Ian,don't think you're doing anything wrong,tried on my A5 today,they will only fold in electrically when stationary,just another "audi glitch" I'm sure theres more to come.
Really? Mines fold in when both stationary and moving, tried it earlier.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if yours works Rab- then so should mine. It must be in the settings somewhere - but I don't know where.
I have asked the dealer today for input. Hadn't a clue but said he would come back to me. will let you know any response. in the meantime any other help appreciated

·
Registered
95 Posts
May depend on the speed. In my BMW, I couldn't manually fold in the mirrors if doing over 25mph, whereas if crawling past a tractor in a narrow country lane at 5-10mph, then I could fold them in. Believe that this may be linked to UK road legislation that insists on mirrors being operational when generally on the move (hence automatically pushing out folded in mirrors at a certain speed or disallowing folding them in above a certain speed). Not sure if AUdi is the same (car is days - weeks away so I'm told!). Hopefully this makes some kind of sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts