Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
i recently volunteered to be the na guinea pig for their race exhaust system for the s5. should be shipping in 3-4 weeks. i will keep you posted on the results.

·
Registered
432 Posts
i recently volunteered to be the na guinea pig for their race exhaust system for the s5. should be shipping in 3-4 weeks. i will keep you posted on the results.
Did you talk to them about what exactly the race exhaust includes? As best I can tell, you won't be getting any mandrel bent pipes, they will expect you to hack off your OEM mufflers and reuse the stock pipes. Yuck!

Did you get round or oval tips?

Nice car color BTW.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
they will expect you to hack off your OEM mufflers and reuse the stock pipes. Yuck!

Did you get round or oval tips?

Nice car color BTW.
Agreed definitely a caveat to Eisenmann, however a tradeoff I am willing to accept for the overall look and sound. I went with the oval tips.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it weird to have stock rims and aftermarket exhaust? most of my friends suggest me to get rims first

·
Registered
432 Posts
Stock rims look great as they are. If you are short money and feel uncomfortable about getting an exhaust without new wheels, then spend some cash on spacers. They make a HUGE difference in the look of the car. If you have enough cash laying around, then get some new wheels! If done right, they will improve the looks and performance of the car. However, if you get the wheels pushed out, then you will probably want to lower the car because the gap becomes more obvious.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
by "if done right" u mean...? Cuz if i upgrade to 20inch and wider tires the car will be slower..

·
Registered
432 Posts
by "if done right" u mean...? Cuz if i upgrade to 20inch and wider tires the car will be slower..
'Done right' to me means using proper wheels, offsets and tires. I'm running 20" wheels with 275/30 tires that actually are lighter than stock. Indeed the additional weight is further away from the axle, but the savings in weight from the wheels is enough to experience an improvement in acceleration. When I say proper, I mean you should only buy a quality forged wheel and not some crummy cast replacement or a poor quality forged wheel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It’s your car man and only you can define what’s weird or not weird. There is nothing hideous enough to me about the stock wheels to rush indecision for a change. I saw the opportunity to get the right exhaust for me and I pursued it. In the end you decide what’s right for you not your friends. Once my factory steering wheel vibration issues are resolved I may consider upgrading to a high end set of wheels. Even then it would require me to run a drop on a car with ADS, something that I have seen almost no members do to date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts