Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I ordered a set of Eibach 25mm Lowering springs to fit to my 2012 Audi A5 Coupe. When i went to fit them, i noticed all 4 stock dampers on the car are leaking and need changing. So my options are below, just not sure what route to go down to keep it as close to OEM ride quality?

1.) Order a set of Stance+ Coilover's and lower around 25-30mm (similar to what the springs alone would have done) for a total cost of £290 - I would then sell the eibach pro springs.

2.) Fit the eibach pro springs along with 4 x New OEM Sachs dampers at a cost of £240?

Fitting with either option will be done myself.
Car will be on 20" RS5 rotors with 265/30r20 Dunlop's and want to leave around 15mm gap between tyres and arch all round.

Any Pros/Cons for either setup setup?

Thank you!

·
Registered
90 Posts
From experience dont by cheap coilovers imo. I bought a set of V-maxx (not for the audi) and they were less than average. Bought a set of KW v1s for 700 and they were worlds apart. I say keep the eibach and get 4 new shocks.

Reactions: harjsingh

·
Registered
51 Posts
As above, don't cheap out. Better to keep the springs and buy the OEM shocks or plonk down for something decent like KWs or Bilstein.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts