Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Has anyone gone from the stock s-line suspension to the eibach pro kit springs? There doesn't seem to be too much of a drop as Audi's 1BE is -20mm from factory and the Eibach is rated at -25mm so was wondering if it was noticeable?

I read online that the -20mm figure might be overstated by Audi so the drop to the Eibach might be more than you'd originally think?

Has anyone fitted the eibach to a sportback? Cheers :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Yes that is exactly what i did on mine, not super low and wheels do fit better in the arches, id say an 8-10mm drop from the OEM 1BE sports springs, very subtle mod and does not change the ride quality too much and does improve the cornering. (Above image is after fitting on the 4 wheel alignment and below image is before fitting) I have also just had the H&R anti roll bars fitted and makes a huge difference on cornering and nimbleness of the car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @Cookie, I just fitted the front eibach's on my car today but noticed that the drivers side sits about 2cm lower than the passengers side. Did this happen with yours and even out later or was yours even after the install? I haven't had time to install the rear springs yet so maybe that's why...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hiya, I don't recall any issues but they do take a while to settle in properly, did you change your top mounts too?
Did you notice the welded stop on the seat where the end of the spring needs to butt against, there is one in the top casting too, this is the only thing i can think off that may cause the difference in height.
Gas Font Asphalt Auto part Metal

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I ended up working out they looked fine when the ground was level. My driveway isn't as flat as I thought it was. Oops!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts