Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,does anyone in Melbourne Australia know how much would it cost to replace an EGR valve on Audi A5 3.0 tdi 2009?

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Come on, vebop, it's an Audi, so the answer is naturally going to be "a lot". Seriously, check with your nearest local stealer for an indicative cost. A quick check on Fleabay returns a part cost around the $380 mark (that's for OEM), but God knows what Audi will charge to supply and fit. A starting point, at any rate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on, vebop, it's an Audi, so the answer is naturally going to be "a lot". Seriously, check with your nearest local stealer for an indicative cost. A quick check on Fleabay returns a part cost around the $380 mark (that's for OEM), but God knows what Audi will charge to supply and fit. A starting point, at any rate.
I have taken my car to the mechanic and he said it is going to cost around $1500 AUD to replace it. It sounds like a lot of money,so I wanted to see if someone has any idea if this price is acceptable or he is ripping me off.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Never having pulled apart a 3.0L diesel before, I wouldn't honestly know. However, I have had to replace an EGR on an older Jag in the past. Allowing for relative cost increases in the past 15 years, and the component cost, I'd say that wasn't too horrible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts